Smartthings/2GIG-GC3/Alarm.com

Hi,

I have a Smartthings v2 hub with switches, dimmers, door locks, garage door control, etc. A few days ago, I learned the 2GIG-GC3 as a secondary controller to Smartthings. All of the devices showed up on the panel and seemed to work as expected. Maybe a day or two later, everything showed up in Alarm.com and worked as expected. I initially did this to have a switch that would go on when the alarm was armed and off when it disarmed so Smartthings could react to the arming state of the alarm. So the switch was working as I wanted it to but I accidentally excluded it from the network. Started over, excluded the 2GIG GC3 from Smartthings, Reset the GC3 Z-wave controller and went through the same process again. All of the devices showed up on the panel again, but still haven’t made it over to Alarm.com. Is there anything else I can do to get them over there or is it just a waiting game? Does 2 days seem normal for devices to show up on Alarm.com?

Also, instead of learning the GC3 as a secondary controller, is it possible to use something like a MimoLite or Mimo2 to connect to the GC3 panel that could indicate arming state to Smartthings? If so, any documentation on wiring that up?

Thanks,
David

Is there anything else I can do to get them over there or is it just a waiting game? Does 2 days seem normal for devices to show up on Alarm.com?

Typically a cell phone test will force a sync, but you can also let us know and we can request an updated equipment list.

A couple hours is possible as a delay, but longer than that is not expected.

I requested the equipment list for you from the panel and it looks like a lot of new devices are showing. Can you confirm? You may need to log out and log back in.

Also, instead of learning the GC3 as a secondary controller, is it possible to use something like a MimoLite or Mimo2 to connect to the GC3 panel that could indicate arming state to Smartthings? If so, any documentation on wiring that up?

Learning as a secondary controller simply means that there are two controllers on that network with access to the devices. The alarm and arming state of the panel is not shared that way.

You may be able to use a mimolite to monitor alarm state with the Open Collector output. This manual goes over how to use the mimolite with Smartthings.

You would use the sensor input of the mimolite. Wire between OC1, GND on the GC3, to the sensor input on the mimolite. You would need Smartthings to monitor the open/close state of that input.

I requested the equipment list for you from the panel and it looks like a lot of new devices are showing. Can you confirm? You may need to log out and log back in.

Thanks Warren, I can confirm that I see all of the Z-wave devices in alarm.com web portal and app now.

David

FYI on how to tie SmartThings hub arm/disarm states with GC2 using MIMOlite as the intermediary as well as the MIMO’s relay for any Zwave device on the ST hub to cause an actual GC2 alarm sent to central dispatch: