Sensor Programming Info

I am looking for the panel programming instructions for the following sensor

2GIG® Water Leak Detector | 2GIG-FT6-345

I am in need of the actual codes, loops etc.

Thank you

Details on the FT6-345 installation can be found in the manual here.

For the water detection zone:

RF Sensor Type: 08 – 24 Hour Auxiliary Alarm
Equipment Type: Flood
Equipment Code: (1065) 2GIG Flood Sensor
Serial Number: Learn – Pull Battery tab to signal to panel.
Equipment Age: New
Sensor Loop: 3
Voice Descriptor: As desired
Sensor Reports: Enabled
Sensor Supervised: Enabled
Sensor Chime: As desired

Optionally you can then add the other temp zones:

Equipment Type: Temperature
Serial Number: Same number as water zone
Sensor Loop: 2

Equipment Type: Freeze
Serial Number: Same number as water zone
Sensor Loop: 1

Thank you so much. Which one of those lines would keep it from reporting to monitoring company.
I only want it to report to me or panel

thank you

If you do not want any reports at all to ADC or CS, you would mark Sensor Reports: Disabled.

You would then have a sensor that tripped the local siren but didn’t send a report anywhere. However, again, you wouldn’t be able to get notification from ADC that way.

If you want notification from ADC but not central station, you should change the RF Sensor Type to (23) No Response Type. This will only chime at the panel, no siren, but you can then get ADC notifications.

Thank you for the reply!

I hate to appear stupid but is there a step by step instruction on pairing with the 2gig alarm.comp panel?
I can figure out the battery case part but I do want to do install it correctly and pair it with my water cop.
I saw reference to a step by step instruction but can’t find it here?

Did I miss something in the manual?

Are you referring to the FT6 flood sensor and pairing it to a 2GIG Panel?

See from the post above, it is learned into your 2GIG Panel through system configuration. To clarify, you don’t pair it to the Water Cop in the panel, Water management rules are created in ADC afterward.

For the water detection zone, navigate to your 2GIG Panel system configuration and add a sensor:

Equipment Type: Flood
Serial Number: Learn – Pull Battery tab to signal to panel.
Sensor Loop: 3

Thank you.

1. It wasnt clear that the panel would not automically find the z-wave sensor when you press discover devices. It has to be added manually. The manual did not mention that.

2. Following your instructions, it worked great.

3. The only issues are

A). confirm that a flood alert will not go to central monitoring. Looking at the panel it says that is not monitored and given the fact there are likely many false positives, it is great not to have the police or fire department come

B) I tested by placing in a plate of water and it triggered the siren and alarm. Is there is setting where it will just send a notification without all hell breaking loose?

My only complaint is that surety DIY is so easy to use that I set it up 2 years ago and never needed to touch a thing so I forgot what I did.

So I will now change the water cop over from mynexia and manage the automation with water cop.

thanks again

confirm that a flood alert will not go to central monitoring. Looking at the panel it says that is not monitored and given the fact there are likely many false positives, it is great not to have the police or fire department come

If set as an Auxiliary alarm it will be forwarded to the CS, but it would only result in notification calls. No dispatch would result from a leak detector.

I tested by placing in a plate of water and it triggered the siren and alarm. Is there is setting where it will just send a notification without all hell breaking loose?

There is actually. You would need to program the flood detector as a sensor type 23 - No Response Type instead of 8 - Auxiliary Alarm.

Sensor Type 23 is a notification only sensor that never generates local alarms. Once programmed this way you let us know and we can assist with flagging it as a water device in the back-end (otherwise ADC won’t show it as an option for water management rules)

Actually it looks like in your other post you’ve already got the Type 23 set up now. You should be good to go!

All,

I have the sensor setup on a GC3. Is there a way for me to view the current temperature sensed by the sensor on the ADC app?

Yes, at the bottom of the Thermostats card on the app there is a down arrow. If you touch it then you should see all the temp sensor readings. Also if you go into the Thermostats detail view and touch the Temperature Sensors button you can see their readings and choose which ones should be used in your HVAC control loop.

Thanks for your reply. I added my nest thermostat to ADC. When I log into ADC I can see that the sensor for the water detection is added and working. The temperature sensors report that there is a ‘device state unknown’. I have verified the right serial number. Are they supposed to be loop 1 and 2 as listed above? What would cause the device unknown status? This sensor is not associated with a 2gig thermostat. I have also tried sensor type 23 no response type. This did not fix it either.

I apologize, I very carelessly assumed you were talking about an Alarm.com thermostat. I see now that you’re asking about a 2GIG-FT6-345. Yes, the information above is correct about loop 1 & 2. From the manual:

You can’t see actual temperature of these sensors. They’re either in alarm state or not in alarm. If the panel says device state unknown that just means they haven’t transmitted since the panel was booted up so the panel doesn’t know the current state.

I just programed a 2gig-FT6-345 sensor to a [Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ (2GIG & Honeywell 345MHz) and there is only two sensor types available in the panel Sensor group 25 and 38. 25 sets of a alarm and 38 just provides a notification at the panel. Isn’t there a method of providing notification also to my cell phone app without reporting the event and setting off a alarm? I plan on connecting a couple more sensors to the panel and I don’t want the Alarm going off each time one is triggered but yet I want to be notified.

there is only two sensor types available in the panel Sensor group 25 and 38. 25 sets of a alarm and 38 just provides a notification at the panel.

Those are flipped. 25 is the local safety sensor group and should result in no alarms ever, but can be used to generate notifications.

38 is the water alarm group.

25 is what you would want. You can then set up notifications in Alarm.com. 25 won’t generate an alarm, but activity will still be forwarded to ADC.

Alarm generating zones like group 38 will automatically be covered by the general Alarm activity notification in Alarm.com which by default applies to all sensors.

In the case of Sensor Group 25 you would need to create a new sensor activity notification in Alarm.com to cover it triggering.

I am also trying to setup my 2GIG-FT1-345 as a “water” equipment type with “no response” as a sensor. When I do that, I only have a choice of equipment type as “contact” or “motion”. Are you able to set it as “water” or “flood”? Thanks.

No. Setting it as a No Response type will give you the option of contact or motion. Select contact.

I tried that and when I put the prongs into a glass of water it does nothing. Maybe the sensor is broken, but the tamper does work. What am I doing wrong?

How long is the probe in the water?

The FT1 detects a flood when the sensor is in water for 3 minutes.