Sensor Programming Info

Ok, maybe I didn’t wait long enough, I’ll try again, thanks

After 6 minutes, nothing, no alert

It looks like you may have that sensor programmed as Loop 3.

Loop 1 should be used for the flood detection. Can you be sure that Loop 1 is used and test again? (note that the sensor will take 3 minutes to detect “dry” as well, essentially a 3 minute reset.)

Finally got a chance to try using loop 1 and it still does not alert when I put the leads into water. If I set it as “24hr aux alarm” (type 8), and equipment type “water”, it works properly. The “water” type is not available if I set as “no response type”.

What’s wrong with my config?

Just to confirm, what are you checking when you test?

Are you testing Alarm.com notifications or checking in Alarm.com? It looks like you have the device learned in but it is not currently selected for Activity Monitoring.

The panel will not sound a siren when it is set as a no response type. It will only chime if chime is enabled.

I have a basement sump and already have a water flood sensor to tell me the basement is flooded. I want this particular water sensor to let me know when the sump is starting to accumulate water by placing it inside the well. So I don’t want a full alarm and siren to occur when this sensor senses water. I simply want to be aware that the sump has water so I can monitor the levels if the pump fails.

No Response Type is what you would want then, but I am just curious how you were previously testing and whether or not you were relying on Alarm.com. Right now, based on what I see in Alarm.com, it is not set up to do anything but chime at the panel.

Does the panel not chime after 3 minutes submerged?

I first tested it as normally set as an auxiliary alarm and I get the siren and event notifications on my devices. When I set it as “no response type” I do get the chime, but no no alerts. If I don’t get an alert on my devices then the sensor is not effective. If I’m not near the panel to hear the event, I’ll never know the sump is filling with water. So I’m guessing that there is no way to simply have a notification sent to my devices of the sensor being triggered without the siren?

So I’m guessing that there is no way to simply have a notification sent to my devices of the sensor being triggered without the siren?

Yes, there is, that is what I am referencing above with activity monitoring.

For alarms, you have a default notification set up to send a notification whenever an alarm occurs from any sensor.

For a no response type zone you need to use Sensor Activity Monitoring and create a notification for that sensor.

Login to the Alarm.com website and navigate to Settings > Devices > Devices. Enable Sensor Activity Monitoring for the Sump Pump Zone.

Then wait a few minutes, go to Notifications > Create a New Notification. Select sensor activity as the type and select the appropriate zone and recipients.

Ah, perfect. I forgot about the activity monitoring, but also didn’t think it applied to this type of sensor. But it makes sense since I configured it as no response type. Love that I can now do this and appreciate the flexibility of your system (especially how I can delay repeat notifications). Thanks so much for your patience and assistance!

Yep you can customize the notification as needed, there is just no default notification to cover it so you need a custom one. Happy to help!