Schlage Model BE469ZP

Currently set at 6

Is this the only Schlage BE469ZP in use or are there others?

Has this lock ever worked with this panel before?

This is a new lock. Three other Schlage locks work perfectly.

Are they the same model of Schalge? I ask because the Schlage BE469ZP is not listed as tested compatible with the Qolsys Gen 1 and may be the reason its not pairing.

What steps did you take with Alegion already? Did you reset the lock at any point? (remove batteries, hold schalge logo button, re-insert batteries then let go of the logo)

I have reached out to Qolsys to determine compatibility and will report back any findings.

Did all of that with them. Thanks please let me know what you find.

Qolsys followed up stating that particular model of lock is not tested to be compatible with the Gen 1 panel. So this may be the reason the lock is not pairing. Are the other locks in use the same exact model, Schlage BE469ZP?

However, it is also possible that the lock is faulty as well.

No they are all different models. I had no idea some were not supported. Is the lock supported on the newer model panel? Thank you!

The BE469ZP is listed as tested compatible with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. This is the most up to date Z-Wave compatibility guide for the IQ Panel 2+

This one here is for the Gen 1 panel.

Its worth noting that as the Gen 1 only has access to a 3G cellular module, it will need to be replaced at some point in the near future as the 3G sunset looms (2022). At that time the module will no longer be able to communicate with Alarm.com.

Is there a new panel on the horizon to wait for or is upgrading now a good time? Thank you.

The 2+ is the most recent Qolsys offering with nothing new on the horizon at this time.

The 2+ sold through Surety includes a 319.5Mhz radio for use with legacy GE/Qolsys sensors as well as Qolsys S-Line encrypted sensors. It has a Z-Wave plus radio , wi-fi, a 4G LTE cellular module and a DSC PowerG radio for use with PowerG encrypted sensors.

Additionally, 4G LTE is the newest cellular architecture compatible with Alarm.com

Tyler is there a smooth transition between panels or does everything have to be reprogrammed in terms of sensors?

Do you have purchase link?

Thanks.

It is possible to run a backup of your panel’s settings and apply some of it to the IQ Panel 2+. User codes and RF Sensor settings can be transferred from the Gen 1 to the IQ Panel 2+. Image sensors, if in use, would need to be removed from the gen 1 panel before the backup is run, as passing this data to the new panel can cause the restoral to fail.

Image Sensors and Z-wave devices cannot be transferred. Z-Wave devices would have to be removed from the network and re-added manually. This guide covers how to do that.

A couple things to note, the IQ Panel 2+ is not compatible with Image Sensors or the secondary panel that pairs with the Gen 1.

Since you already have service through Surety, use this link here, if you decide to purchase the IQ Panel 2+. A complimentary month of service will be applied to your account after purchase, just mention it in the order notes this post.

Hi Guys-

I just got the new panel. I have it installed and followed the directions to swap the panel in the system manager. For whatever reason the security sensors will not trigger the panel when I open and close them. Even if I do a manual add they do not recognize the sensors. These are just normal open/close sensors. Is there a step I am missing?

Thank you!

There are no RF sensor learned into your panel at this time. If you swap the module through System Manager, you would need to add all sensors into the new panel manually.

Sensor programming videos can be found here.

What sensors are you attempting to learn in and how?

Attempting to learn on/off sensors. Literally going up to doors and windows and opening and closing them to learn them. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Opening and closing doors and windows is the correct thing to do. Are you following the steps in this video exactly? Using Auto Learn Sensor, not Add Sensor?

I have a question about compatible devices, and what you sell. So, I looked at the updated Z-Wave compatibility guide for the IQ Panel 2+. (I’m currently looking for locks.) And I noticed that the light bulb you sell on your website is not one of the two listed as being compatible with the IQ Panel 2+.

Why is your bulb not listed as being compatible?

Again, I’m actually in the phase of currently looking for locks, but I noticed this and it begs the further question of: What devices (or how many) are compatible with the IQ Panel you sell that aren’t listed as compatible devices in their own guide?

Sorry if these are rather silly questions. I’m not a Surety customer yet, but I’m closing on a house soon and from the research I’ve been doing, will be getting my system from you guys. I want to automate as much of my house as possible through my security system to have smart-home technology all in one place (and pair it all with Alexa, if possible) but it is incredibly overwhelming going through all this stuff, with so many options out there, and not knowing what is compatible with what. I don’t want to buy equipment (from other retailers, if you don’t have exactly what I’m looking for - like locks, for example. You are currently out of stock of the one you sell.) that won’t work with the Surety system and end up being a dud/waste of money.

Sorry for the long winded post. Like I said, this is overwhelming stuff. lol

So, it can definitely be overwhelming, there are a ton of smart home devices, even just Z-wave, hitting the market all the time. In general a good way to approach Z-wave on any alarm panel (in this case, Qolsys):

Z-wave thermostats: Only select from the compatibility list!
Z-wave locks: Only select from the compatibility list!
Z-wave lights: It is probably compatible.

Lights are very simple. Standard single function on/off or dimmer switches, outlets, plug-in modules, they don’t have a lot of variation and support is generally assumed. (Steer clear of Cooper Aspire) Everything on the compatibility list is officially tested and confirmed by Qolsys, but there are many more that can be used.

For locks and thermostats, if it is not explicitly listed as compatible it will almost certainly not work.

Thank you so much for the response! I promise I’m not trying to be nit-picky or argumentative. I’m just trying to be informed. But…

The Kwikset Obsidian isn’t on that compatibility list either. But since you sell that model, I’m assuming it is in fact compatible and was omitted for some other reason? Is the Obsidian brand new and hasn’t made the list yet? (Which was updated on June 1)

It also says the ADC “T300” (not T3000) is the compatible thermostat, but I’m assuming that’s a typo since I can’t find any “T300” with my searches and only the T3000 which you sell and I currently have in my cart.

Thanks again, I’m just trying to make the best choices from the very beginning with as much accurate information as possible. Been spending this whole week looking stuff up for my new house. But I really appreciate your help!

No problem, I understand. There is sadly no 100% all compatible devices list. In general there are a couple web page based lists that I go off of for tested confirmed devices from Qolsys and Alarm.com:

https://www.alarm.com/ecosystem > confirmed by Alarm.com, but might have individual exceptions among panel firmware versions. Obsidian is listed here.

https://qolsys.com/compatible-devices/ > confirmed by Qolsys, but might not contain all on the ADC list.

Now, you’ll notice that the T3000 (not T300, that’d be a typo from Qolsys) was not updated on the web page, but is included in the linked 2.5.2 specific document. I am guessing they chose to do it that way because there have been some general Z-wave issues with 6.81 Z-wave software, which are getting patched in 2.5.3. There are some issues learning in T3000s (and other S2 devices) to the IQ Panels which were updated to 2.5.0 first before 2.5.2.

My guess is that the web page list will be updated once 2.5.3 is available since it will get rid of this firmware error limitation.

Regarding the Obsidian, I believe we are considering different lock options anyway due to difficulty obtaining that model.

In general, for locks and thermostats, stick to the lists. For lights, it is safe to go off the lists entirely, as you are more likely to find another compatible device than an incompatible one. (again, avoid Cooper Aspire)