Ring Doorbell

Is ‘ring doorbell’ compatible with alarm.com app?

No, the Skybell HD and Skybell HD Slim Line doorbells are compatible with Alarm.com video service.

Can the HD Slim Line Doorbells be fit with an angel doorbell mount? My doorbell is setup in an usual placement.

There is this wedge mount. Would that help with your situation?

If you have a unique setup it may help if you attach a pic so we can see what you’re dealing with.

If the wedge mount looks like it would work I recommend that. It’s made specifically for the Alarm.com Slimline Skybell.

I have the Alarm.com Skybell and the quality seems to be less than desirable. It fails to notify alerts until long after the doorbell rings, and quality works intermittently. I had Viviny door bell before going to Surety and I had zero issues with my doorbell. I must day I miss the doorbell working properly. I wonder if moving to the Skybell slim will work any better than the crap I have currently.

I wonder if moving to the Skybell slim will work any better than the crap I have currently.

The short answer here would be maybe. It will all depend on the network it is attached to.

The original Skybell HD does have more demanding network requirements and requires better bandwidth and signal quality than the newer Slim Line. That was a purposeful improvement in the Slim Line. In general, if the issue is borderline wifi signaling you may see better performance from a Slim Line. If the signal is very weak all the time though, it may not make enough of a difference and networking solutions would be better.

In this circumstance the recent wireless signal quality history is very consistently low compared to what is required. For the Skybell HD nothing under 90% quality will typically work well. The signal quality listed in your history fluctuates between 75% and 84%. Unfortunately this is indicative of why your reported errors are occurring and would likely have some impact on a Slim Line as well.

If you have one available, a closer wifi access point for the Skybell HD would be a good troubleshooting step to see if a consistently higher quality can be achieved. You can also try lowering the HD’s resolution settings, but this has had minor impact in the past compared to network adjustments.

I have a mesh WIFI system inside my home next to the doorbell on the outside. Funny that 75%-84% inst good enough to allow the doorbell to work as it should. I find that the wireless just isn’t working as desired and may need to find a system that can monitor, record and handle the doorbell to meet my needs. Saving money is great if the system will work but Alarm.com is just not quite ready for my needs. I may have to go to wired if I cant get a system that will work properly using wireless. I would have thought the doorbell would have worked but it works only if I reset it, then it will work for 2-3 days and then start to phase out again.

I have a mesh WIFI system inside my home next to the doorbell on the outside. Funny that 75%-84% inst good enough to allow the doorbell to work as it should.

Those percentages are low for streaming the video in real time. This will be affected by the overall bandwidth of your network, the upload speed, and the number of connected devices.

However, it is very possible that the Mesh network may be part of the cause. Consumer networking devices are not all made the same, with a variety of default settings and setup options. If you have multiple access points using the same SSID, many static location devices, including some surveillance cams, may have issues connecting to the closest device only and not handle multiple access points with grace. I’ve seen this happen with a lot of various models over the years.

Professional installers will often set up a unique wifi network for security/surveillance devices to avoid this kind of problem when it creeps up, at least to rule it out, so that can be a work-around to try. Do you have an old router which you could test setting up a unique network SSID for the cam to connect to?

I would have thought the doorbell would have worked but it works only if I reset it, then it will work for 2-3 days and then start to phase out again.

This actually leads me to suspect the above issue is more likely. The DHCP lease time may be around 48-72 hours, and when renewing the lease the cam may not negotiate the mesh network well. It is a guess, but it is one of the easier things to test.

If you are comfortable with networking, when resetting and setting up the Skybell you might try to assign a Static IP instead of allowing DHCP. When setting up the Skybell there will be an option to use Auto or Manual setup when prompted for the network password. Choose Manual and enter a static IP along with your network details. Does this help the issue?

Yes, I will create separate SSID on a different WIFI router and tr it out to see if the performance is any better. I will report back and see what happens.

In looking at this STRING . . . can you guys kindly advise if your doorbells are working to your liking?

Lastly, is there a slave module that can be paired to activate traditional door chimes inside of the house

Lastly, is there a slave module that can be paired to activate traditional door chimes inside of the house

Are you referring to wired chimes on the doorbell circuit? Those would chime when the button of the video doorbell is pressed.