Random Sensor Disconnects

Hey Surety Team,

I have 3 sensors randomly going offline (Interior Garage Entry Door, Right Living Room Window, and Laundry Room Smoke) about every 24 hours or so generally between 2-4am. It’s very annoying as I have a dsc powerful keypad in my master bedroom that chirps every five seconds when this happens in the middle of the night. The contact sensors are about 3 years old so I figured maybe the batteries were getting weak and it was loosing connection so I replaced all contact sensor batteries on my system. That seemed to fix it for a day or two but then the garage door started again. Now the laundry room smoke has started and it’s only 3 weeks old so surely it isn’t batteries in that one and now that fire sensors are going offline that worries me. Any ideas what could be causing this? Ever seen this before?

Offline is a common status which can have a wide variety of causes, however if you have a lot of offline events occurring on the IQ Panel 2, the problem is almost certainly the panel RF antenna.

The sensor antenna on the IQ Panel 2 is the thin white flexible antenna. It must be routed out the back of the panel and into the wall for proper reception. If it is left in the panel or pinched in the back plate it can affect signaling for non-PowerG sensors.

Thanks Jason! I knew you guys would know right away and you are exactly right. I was trying not to drill holes in my new place but seems like that one may be a necessity then. Thanks for the help!