Qolysys upgrade vs edge

I think upgrading my panel is in my future. I prefer to use a panel,you guys sell as i feel you will be more on top of developments, issues, etc with what you selll vs what you dont

Currently my GC2 has a hardwire sensor that is cnnected to my front door and wires right into the GC2 directly. Does the Edge have this? Does the qolysys?

Does Power G mean “encrypted” sensors. Will I be able to use my legacy and gradually add encrypted sensors.

The through of reprogramming my panel from scratch doesn’t excite me. I am thinking the Edge Panel is much more similar so it will be easy

I haven’t heard you guys talking about the Edge lately, if you will sell, what you like, don’t like, see as problems (such as support)

Any thing you guys want to tell us about preference between the two brands and why?

Would really appreciate an update understanding that I think changing panels won’t be fun. Trying to see where you guys stand and where you envision your support efforts will be in the future.

Currently my GC2 has a hardwire sensor that is cnnected to my front door and wires right into the GC2 directly. Does the Edge have this? Does the qolysys?

There are two hardwire inputs on the Edge and IQ Panel 2+.

Does Power G mean “encrypted” sensors. Will I be able to use my legacy and gradually add encrypted sensors.

PowerG sensors use 128 bit AES encryption to send signals in a coded form that can only be understood by the alarm system they are connected to. They also use frequency hopping spread spectrum technology.

Yes, if you get a 345Mhz version of the IQ panel 2+ you could use legacy 345 sensors and add PowerG over time if you wish.

The through of reprogramming my panel from scratch doesn’t excite me. I am thinking the Edge Panel is much more similar so it will be easy

The Edge and Qolsys panel are way more similar to each other regarding programming than either is to the 2GIG GC2. Both are far easier.

At the current time we still recommend and sell the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+. The new IQ Panel 4 will likely be sold soon but I do not have an ETA. It is nearly identical to the IQ Panel 2+ right now, with improved sound.

Here is a thread going over this question regarding Qolsys and the Edge.