Is it worth to upgrade from GC3 to Edge or just upgrade

I have the GC2 which is over 7 years old. i can no longer log in through alarm.com or a phone because the cellular communicator is not 4G.

1 - Should i just upgrade the firmware and the cellular communicator or get the Edge?
2 - if i get the Edge is it complicated to set it up?

Thank you!

If you are happy with your system you can reuse the panel using Surety service via the kit here:

GC2 Switch to Surety Kit

If you are interested in upgrading, we recommend the IQ Panel 4. The 345Mhz version which is compatible with 2GIG 345Mhz sensors is available below:

IQ Panel 4 345Mhz Version.

If you upgrade, whether you opt for the IQ Panel or Edge, programming of the sensors is straightforward and easier than on the GC2.

how does the IQ4 compare with the Edge and will the IQ4 work with all my sensors and thermostat?

the upgrade LTE is the verizon one?

will the IQ4 work with all my sensors and thermostat?

The 345Mhz version that I linked will work with your 2GIG/Honeywell 345Mhz sensors yes.

It will not work with E-series 2GIG sensors, but if your panel is 7 years old it is not an encrypted E-series model so that is not relevant.

Z-wave thermostat support would depend on the model. What model of thermostat are you using?

the upgrade LTE is the verizon one?

The 2GIG GC2 switch kit includes the Verizon model of cell module, yes.

we have the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat

Yes, the Alarm.com model smart thermostats would be compatible.