Qolsys Smokes / CO Detectors

Hi - in my new construction home, I will have hard wired ceiling mounted smoke detectors in various rooms throughout the home. Before investing in the Qolsys ecosystem of panels, sensors, and detectors, I wanted to understand the smoke/CO detectors better. Are they replacements for the existing hardwired smoke detectors? If not, then what’s the point of having two smoke detectors (existing/tradition and Qolsys/smart)? Thanks!

You would not need to double up. With Interconnected wired smoke detectors, you can use this 319.5Mhz FireFighter Audio Detector

You only need one to be mounted within 6" of one of the interconnected smokes to monitor all of them. The device listens for the smoke detector’s cadence and when it hears that it sends the signal to the alarm panel.

Hi Jason - but then you’ll still have two things on the ceiling instead of just one, right? You’d have the existing hardwired smoke detector + the FireFighter Audio Detector, right? If that’s the case, do you know whether there are any replacement smoke detectors that can accept a hardwire but also communicate to the Qolsys panel?

You would have one Firefighter audio module, mounted within 6 inches of one of the interconnected smoke detectors.

Interconnected AC hardwire smokes all sound when one trips. You only need to monitor the audio from one of the smoke detectors, that’s the purpose of the Firefighter product.

There are no AC powered hardwired smokes which communicate with the panel.