IQ Panel 2 and interconnected smoke detectors

I need to do some electrical work and the country wants me to get up to code on smoke detectors. They need interconnected smoke detectors and I was wondering if there is anything that will work with the IQ Panel 2 such that if one detector triggers they will all sound and an alert would be sent back to the central monitoring station? My understanding is the current Qolsys detectors will only sound at the triggered detector and not even the panel will sound, it will just post an alarm message. Any thoughts on this or am I doomed to have my interconnected smokes separate from the Panel connected detectors?

I was wondering if there is anything that will work with the IQ Panel 2 such that if one detector triggers they will all sound and an alert would be sent back to the central monitoring station?

With Interconnected smoke detectors, you can use this 319.5Mhz FireFighter Audio Detector

You only need one to be mounted within 6" of one of the interconnected smokes to monitor all of them. The device listens for the smoke detector’s cadence and when it hears that it sends the signal to the alarm panel.

My understanding is the current Qolsys detectors will only sound at the triggered detector and not even the panel will sound,

If using a wireless IQ Smoke detector, this will trigger an alarm at the panel if the unit detects smoke but only the unit that detects smoke will trigger.

Thanks. I need to look into that device. I think Qolsys is missing a great opportunity here to make their smokes interconnected and to sound together and trigger a call to central station. This way I would be buying 6-8 of the IQ product detectors instead of someone else’s and this $50 sensor to listen to the other smokes.

If you have the IQPANEL2+ with PowerG, I believe those smokes are interconnected (wirelessly).

Thanks i will look into them as well.

IQ S-Line sensors are one way broadcast sensors, like most wireless security sensors. They are not two way communicating.

PowerG on the other hand is a 2-way communication protocol, allowing the panel to send data to the sensors. PowerG smokes use one go all go to trigger all the sounders when one trips. PowerG would be the best option if that is desired.

That said, local building code for new construction I believe means AC interconnected units, not wireless. These are line-powered, and they are interconnected via the power circuit.

The Firefighter unit is designed for that application, listening to one AC powered unit since if any of them trip, all will.

Thanks. I have a call into my code enforcement people as well as I believe that may be true.

If one has the 345 iQ2 plus panel, is this the firefighter model required? Thanks

Yes, if you have a 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel, the 345 Mhz Firefighter would be the compatible model for you.