Qolsys IQ Panel 4 lock-screw installation "hell"

Continuing the discussion from How to resolve a Panel Tamper:

Does anyone have any clever ideas for getting the captive lock screw re-engaged once the panel is placed back on its base? I have spent hours trying to get it aligned and screwed back in. It was easy to remove. A bit of googling tells me that I’m not the only one having problems reinstalling the panel and using the screw.

I have tried turning counter-clockwise a bit to align, then clockwise, using small and larger screwdrivers to help with vertical alignment, and flexible shafts (because the hole is so close to the drywall) - all to no avail. I recall that even the original installer had difficulties. If no-one has any “easy” (and “easily-repeatable” solutions), I wonder if 3D-printing a “base-spacer” would help…

This Qolsys system and Surety are otherwise WONDERFUL!

Nevermind! I GOT IT! Instead of using my nice Wera screwdriver set, I tried a Harbor Freight Pittsburgh screwdriver set that has a super-long, skinny extension and got it to work on first try, because the approach angle to the screw was reduced by the greater length! Hooray!
The Wera screwdrivers are still better and more precise, but in this case the length was key.