"Qolsys IQ Panel 2+" reset installer code

Looks like I should be able to reset an installer code from the system manager

But, I first want to setup the panel, and then when everything works switch from GC3 to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ by swapping IMEI codes.

I set up all the sensors and wanted to setup the zwave lock next only to realize that I don’t have an installer code, and the default 1111 does not seem to work (could be my fault as I was not sure what those users are during the initial setup)

Is there a way to reset/get the installer code for the panel before the IMEI swap?

I do have master and all other users codes if that helps.

this is connected to “Upgrading 2GIG GC3 to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+

I set up all the sensors and wanted to setup the zwave lock next only to realize that I don’t have an installer code, and the default 1111 does not seem to work

If you programmed in sensors you would have had to use installer access. The same code would work.

The default 1111 is the installer code. 2222 is the default dealer code with installer access. If you have changed the installer code and no longer know the current code, you can try 2222.

Otherwise your panel would need to be connected to an account in order to send an installer code reset, it cannot be done without being connected.

Just curious newbie. Why would you change codes using the system manager vs. system directly? Is there a reason that effects functions?
I’ve a Qolsys Remote set to display time and weather screen. It’s only the time appearing in various places and colors. Never seen the weather or weather warnings. Is this a setup issue or normal?
Had a door sensor go “offline” then “online” 20 minutes later. Have never seen this on previous Simon. Not tripped or tampered, offline. The system was armed at the time. Glad it didn’t go into alarm. Thanks

Why would you change codes using the system manager vs. system directly? Is there a reason that effects functions?

The system manager allows remotely resetting your installer code even if you have forgotten the current one.

I’ve a Qolsys Remote set to display time and weather screen. It’s only the time appearing in various places and colors. Never seen the weather or weather warnings. Is this a setup issue or normal?

It looks like you don’t have the related Weather Forecast feature enabled on your plan. Visit the System Manager and you can include that for free on Surety Home or Complete plans.

Had a door sensor go “offline” then “online” 20 minutes later. Have never seen this on previous Simon. Not tripped or tampered, offline.

Offline is a status referencing loss of sensor supervision, the periodic heartbeat signal from sensors. For details on sensor supervision see this thread.

Hello guys,

I rent a place and there is an IQ panel system, The previous tenant was not using the system. They were never able to connect to it. So I don’t have any user code. The current status is that I have just a voice saying that I am opening the door when I open the door. But I cannot arm the system or configure anything.

I try to access to the advanced setting and try the 1111 and 2222 code but it is not working,

Is there any solution to use this device or can I just put it to the trash because I need the previous owner ?

Thanks,

If it is an original IQ panel then you wouldn’t be able to use it due to it not having an LTE communicator.

Otherwise, look at the back of the system. There may be a sticker with a number labeled IMEI. You’ll need that number to register the system with Surety (or any Alarm.com dealer)

If you can find that number and get the panel registered then you should be able to reset the installer code and master codes.

Here’s some more info on how to get started Surety

If you can find that number and get the panel registered then you should be able to reset the installer code and master codes.

This may or may not work.

Generally speaking you need to have one of the codes at least to run the cell test to connect the panel to service.

It is possible in some cases the panel may be able to start communication If it was recently used and provisioned for the cellular network but there is no guarantee.