Qolsys IQ 2 Plus (319Mhz) and QC0003-840 image sensor daughter card

I was advised by CS that I could remove the Power-G card from a 319MHz Qolsys IQ 2 Plus and replace it with the QC0003-840 card in order to use the three ADC-IS-100-LP image sensors I had been using with the Simon XT. However, the official Qolsys page for this card says “Not compatible with IQ Panel 2 Plus”. That’s different from saying “Not compatible with IQ Panel 2 Plus, if you want to keep using Power-G at the same time”. The question is, which of the two interpretations is correct?

I wouldn’t ask if my own experience did not support the literal interpretation. I spent the better part of the weekend trying to get it to work to no avail. The panel shows the image sensor daughter card as working, but none of the image sensors can be auto-learned. I had removed the image sensors from the Simon XT. I tried both the paper clip and the battery removal method standing right in front of the panel. Updating the panel to the latest software version 2.6.2 did not make a difference.

Apparently, I’m not the only one with this problem, but this recent posting affirmed it should be possible. Has anybody successfully replaced the Power-G card by a QC0003-840? If so, which image sensors are you using? Could it be there are different versions of the ADC-IS-100-LP?

I believe dsc makes powerg imagine sensors

I assume you’re referring to these. The problem is they are $150 a pop and we’d need three of them. Originally, all I set out to do is making our existing alarm system 4G capable, and $450 plus the panel itself is a bit steep for that. We’d be better off keeping the Simon XT and getting a 4G cell radio card instead.

Yelp that’s device

That’s bad thing about powerg the price but the sensors r really good I had them installed both my parents before the fire and my grandmothers house never had any issues with them sensors compared to other brands

What is the date code on the IQ Card-IS?

The date code (7th, 8th & 9th digit of the SN) may be found on the box label or on the back of the Image Sensor Daughter Card. If you are unsure, post a photo of that label.

The S/N reads QC03A173201139.

Thanks, is that a used IQ-Card-IS? That SN would suggest it was manufactured in 2017.

I’m going to send this to Qolsys to see if there is a compatibility reason this wouldn’t work or if it is likely a card issue.

It was sold on Ebay in the original packaging as new. Here is the listing: Qolsys IQ CARD-IS QC0003 QS-IS Image Sensor Daughter Card NIB | eBay

So I can send to Qolsys can you provide a photo of the IQ-Card-IS SN?

To be sure I need the SN off the actual board, not the box.

There should be a label on the underside of the Image Sensor daughter card.

I’m asking because there is a production run of the IQ Card-IS that actually is known to have incorrect firmware which doesn’t allow it to pair Image Sensors properly.

I just noticed that while the S/N matches, the P/N differs between box and board: board says 1A32VEJ00-600-G, box says 1A42ESH00-600-G.

Thank you for the image. Yes, there was a specific production run in week 14 of 2021 where an issue with the firmware occurred.

Your card has a manufactured date code of 2017.

Qolsys has suggested to perform the Reset procedure while the panel is in auto-enroll mode. So if you haven’t tried that yet, try to learn it in via that reset.

The rep I spoke to said they would triple check the compatibility of the oldest IS model and I’ll follow up here.

I have tried the sensor reset many, many times during auto-enroll with all three sensors. Jammed the paper clip in there for 3s, 12s and any combination of one first, then the other. Seen all sorts of blinking patterns, but the panel is not cooperating.

I procured two ADC-IS-221-LP and one ADC-IS-300-LP that I was able to enroll with the panel without a problem. It does look like sensor compatibility is not as complete as Qolsys would have us believe.

Interesting, that’s even a 5 year old daughterboard. There is precedent, newer ADC modules for panels like the Simon I don’t believe can support the oldest Image Sensor models any longer.

ADC documentation on that model may be out of date, considering how old the 100 is. I’ll let them know what you’ve reported here.

It turns out I have one 300-LP, two 221-LP and one 200-LP able to enroll with the panel. Apart from the three original 100-LP, there is another 221-LP that also does not work.