Qolsys 2.5.3

Any update on the 2.5.3 update for the Qolsys IQ 2? I saw that Qolsys released it last week and then pulled it.

From what I understand it needed additional development as a bug was found shortly after making it available.

Some people are reporting if you put iqpanel2.5.3 as you normally would do an update, you’ll get it. But just wanted official confirmation before I do that

Currently 2.5.3 is not available on qolsys servers as like @jwcsurety stated it was pull for few bugs.

You panel IMIE has to be whitelisted to run there beta software. and patch name is different.

They must have just released it. I was able to upgrade just now.

As it’s now officially released, can somebody confirm that the patch tag log as shown in my picture above, is the same is the officially released one? I just want to make sure I haven’t downloaded the older buggy one. I guess I could try to re-download it however I want to limit the amount of firmware updates the panel gets because that’s when it’s most vulnerable. Thanks!

I can confirm that b19 was last test build that i have tested. if you are able to download that its should be official. I will try to confirm

Yep, looks like it is available for normal download now. I added the TSB and instructions to the firmware thread.

thanks! I currently have the b19 dated Aug 27, 2020 patch installed. If this is the latest, i’ll leave my panel alone!

I just updated my new panel to 2.5.3 and all went well. But when I run a dual path test, the WiFi portion times out. Could you check my account to make sure everything is OK? Running separate WiFi test passes fine.

Broadband pings seem to be going through and getting acknowledged quickly by the panel. Not seeing any broadband communication errors at the moment. Be sure to allow a little time after the update to allow a full boot up and reconnect of cell and broadband.

Are you still seeing any issues?

Yes it is working fine now, thanks!

Do any of you guys have HEM? if you do do. can you check if it come up on alarm.com after removing it and adding it back up?

I have the HEM and just checked that its still working by zooming into the hr view and yes, its still reporting as it should. I didn’t remove it and add it back, just updated the software. Does it show up on the automation devices on alarm.com?

@xeon so originally on one of the test builds HEM had a problem with populating in alarm.com app energy tab after it was add on. If you had it in there already then it still be in there. Only when removing and adding it on.

What is HEM?

Home Energy Meter.

Z-wave meter measuring house power consumption