Problem with retrieving video SVR in mobile app only

Good Morning,

I been experiencing weird issue since mobile app update to svr page. If I click little “camera” icon to get me to a camera i want to see previous recording from my svr, does not matter what camera. I have tons of recordings missing from other days that should be there stored. This happen on all cameras and days are just gray out.

Then if I go to web interface of the SVR on alarm.com all missing video and days are there and i can view them with out an issue. Once I do web interface I can go back on my mobile app and video are now populating that were gray out.

I decide to do a little test.

I waited two days and went to mobile app to check if previous day are stored on SVR, and they were not for both days. Just as previously days are gray out. Only days are showing are the days that were there since web interface was open to populate them previously. So I went to the web base on my computer and to svr tab, both days are there and i can view them with out an issue. I go back to mobile app and those days are there after web interface was open. It looks like no mater what I do mobile app will not refresh and upload new days. Seems like a bug, have you guys heard about it? Any bulletins out on that? can we reported to ADC for correction.

Nothing was changed in my house. networking is still the same. all connected as it was for pass 5 years. I try resetting my router and no change. I reboot SVR, no change. Also I don’t think that will matter anyways as it populates just fine on adc.com for me its just on the mobile app.

Thank you

I have not heard other reports of this or seen it myself, but they did recently make changes to the app in terms of where SVR playback is accessed. I’ll forward your description for ADC to investigate.

A post was split to a new topic: Questions on setup and app

@jwcsurety

Jason did you get any feedback from ADC? Its becoming little panful to review cameras SVR on my computer only and not on the app.

Thank you

They are looking into the report, some things to check in the meantime:

Have you tried any different mobile devices?
Have you deleted and reinstalled the app?

Any difference in either case?

I can try my wife phone when I get home. I did not erase the app since its a pain to set all the siri staff back on. But I can try if you really need me to. Let me check my wife phone first.

@jwcsurety

Jason try my wife and my son iPhone same issue. Delete my app today and reinstall on my phone same issue. Works fine on the web base adc has to be software app problem. Can we bug adc to correct issue. It’s a pain to go to web interface when I use my phone for everything.

Update was released yesterday for the app I was hoping for correction but it was not there.

Thank you

Thank you very much for testing, yeah we will update ADC with this info so they can escalate.

Can you confirm the iOS version on those devices?

All our phone are up to date I think we are all on 17.1.1 but this been going on through last few updates. Actually started after alarm.com app update when the layout of the app was changed.

@jwcsurety

Any updates?

Not yet, I reached out to check on an update.

Hey @jwcsurety any info back from ADC?

They did request some additional detail we didn’t have already:

1. Please recreate the issue and try to view the feed in the app
  2. Note the time when you check the app.
  3. Wait a couple minutes. Resolve it by visiting the website.
  4. Note the time when you view it in the website.
  5. Check the app again and make sure it can be viewed.
  6. Note the time when you were able to view it.

Please give us those three timestamps after testing. ADC wants timestamps so that they can dig into the account log and identify what is going on.

Thank you @jwcsurety

open app @ 8:49am on 11/22 no acces to anything. last day showing available nov 16.

open web interface @ 8:51am 11/22 load svr tab
open app @ 8:52 on 11/22 and all videos are available again.

hope this helps

Perfect, thank you for the screenshots as well, I’ll send these to ADC.

Do we have an update?

No update at this time, will follow up here whenever we hear from ADC. It would likely be fixed as part of the normal development cycle for app updates (I am assuming it is 100% app related).

Good Morning @jwcsurety. Do we have any new info. This is paid option that I can’t use currently on my phone.

Thank you

No new info yet, though I can say we have been unable to recreate this when testing. Are you able to test this for your SVR on an Android mobile device?

NO Android devices in my household. Sorry. But I tested on 4 different iPhone 2 ipads with same results. iPhone are 12,13,14,14 ipod are mini and regular