Prewired home. What do I do?

Hey all! New here but loving it so far.

My new house is “prewired for security”. I wasn’t sure what that meant so I’ve been installing wireless sensors everywhere. However, I’ve recently noticed recessed sensors in the doors and a large bundle of wires in an empty security panel downstairs. What’s the best way for me to learn more about what I can do?

Ive seen the wired to wireless converters and that seems like what I want. However, the panel only has 2 red wires but 6+ white wires, and I expected a pair per sensor. Sort of crawling in the dark here but would love any advice you can offer!

A similar question can be found below:

If you have pre-wired sensors you could use the wired to wireless translator options.

This would require knowledge of the sensor zone wires though. In most cases these are installed on an existing old system which is either testable or labeled.

If you have unlabeled wiring in a bundle, I would first recommend reaching out to the home builder for help with clarifying how it was wired. Installers should have labeled the wires in some way.

Sensors will typically be wired in series, allowing numerous windows or doors on one sensor circuit back at the panel location. There will generally not be as many wires as sensors where the panel would be installed.