Plan to Remove Vivint System - Input Needed

I just moved into a new house and would like to get rid of the currently installed Vivint system and replace it with a Qolsys IQ Panel 4 from Surety. I have an idea of what I need to do but I could definitely use some help, so any input would be much appreciated!

The house originally had a DSC system installed when it was built (~6 years ago), but I’m having a hard time understanding what the Vivint guy tapped into. The DSC panel is still lit up with A/C adapter plugged in, but wires have been cut.

The Vivint panel appears to be the Skypanel and I’m unable to access advanced options since the default installer codes I find on the internet will not work (I do have a user login which the previous owner left with me). The equipment I’m pretty sure will need to be replaced is:

-Vivint panel
-All Vivint door/window sensors
-Both Vivint thermostats (I happen to have 2 new Ecobee3 lites to replace them with, so hopefully those will integrate OK).
-Both Vivint glass break sensors
-Vivint doorbell/camera
-One Vivint exterior camera

What I’m hoping to save is the following, but please let me know if you envision any issues:
-Three door locks (two are Kwikset and one is Yale)
-DSC motion sensor
-Two Ecobee3 Lite thermostats as noted above
-Some of the DSC panel with battery backup (not sure if this is even needed or recommended)
-Both GoControl garage door controllers

I had plans to buy an inexpensive Z-wave hub or USB stick and pull as many sensors over to that as possible prior to removing the Vivint panel. Is this something I should do, just to be sure the sensors are properly removed from the Vivint system? Do you see any issues utilizing the above equipment I’d like to keep?

Many thanks for the help, and here are a few photos of the exact equipment I have:

Happy to assist.

Overall, the SkyPanel is proprietary. The panel itself is not Alarm.com compatible and any wireless RF sensors likely need to be replaced due to their typically proprietary nature.

I say typically because it depends on the model number of the sensor. They are usually proprietary but we have seen cases in the past where non-proprietary 345MHz sensors have been used.

Take a look at this guide here for more information on that panel and re-using it.

What I’m hoping to save is the following, but please let me know if you envision any issues:
-Three door locks (two are Kwikset and one is Yale)
-DSC motion sensor
-Two Ecobee3 Lite thermostats as noted above
-Some of the DSC panel with battery backup (not sure if this is even needed or recommended)
-Both GoControl garage door controllers

Z-Wave devices such as Locks, the Linear Go!Control Garage openers and any lights, switches, etc. can be re-used.

The Ecobee3 Lite thermostats can be used with Alarm.com.

The DSC PowerSeries PC1616 is still in use to provide power to the TAKE-345 wired to wireless takeover module outlined below:

This device is converting all of the wired sensors connected to it into wireless signal. The brick battery provides battery backup. Based on this, I suspect that most, if not all, of your existing security sensors are wired.

Wired sensors can be re-used but a similar takeover module would be needed. The specific device type would be wholely dependent on the alarm panel you switch to.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 4 (IQP4001) sold through Surety has a 319.5MHz radio and a PowerG radio installed for security sensor compatibility. It also works with Z-Wave Plus, has a built in 4G LTE module (Verizon) and Wi-FI.

Any existing wired sensors in use could be re-used with the Qolsys panel but you would need a new takover module. With the IQP4001 you have two options:

Any wireless sensors currently in use would not connect to the IQ Panel 4 IQP4001 and would need to be replaced.

Thanks for the feedback! That makes sense - I really think there are very few wired sensors, so I think I’d just rip that whole DSC box out and patch up the holes, or put a secondary panel there.

Also, I’m a little confused on the costs. When purchasing the new IQ panel etc. under pricing it says “Professional Monitoring, First month free, $5/month after trial”, but your Basic plan including professional monitoring shows to be $19/month on the plan pricing page. Are these two different plans?

Panel and module purchases through Surety currently include a complimentary month of the Surety Home service plan. 24/7 professional monitoring can be included and is an additional $5 /mo. The first month is complimentary, with or without the 24/7 professional monitoring.

The Surety Alarm service plan is $14 /mo (self monitor) with the 24/7 professional monitoring being an additional $5 /mo for a total of $19 /mo.