Partition Setup Sanity Check

I have the IQ2+ (2Gig/Honeywell)and I own a duplex so was checking to see if the following was feasible to cover both units.

Partition 1/Unit 1 (Already setup and working):
Main Panel with various door (2Gig), motion sensors (PowerG), and Smoke/CO (2Gig) sensors.
Smart Lock - ZWave
Multiple Users access Partition 1 and 2 regularly and 3 just in case of “Landlord” stuff.
Alarm trip calls User 1 or User 2.

Partition 2/Unit 1 Garage:
Motion Sensor - PowerG
Door Sensor - PowerG
Siren - PowerG
Optional Smart Lock - ZWave may not have enough range. Could consider a repeater.
Alarm trip calls User 1 or User 2.

Partition 3/Unit 2: (User accesses Partition 3 Only)
IQ Remote Panel
Motion Sensor - PowerG
Door Sensor - PowerG
Siren - Power G (Or will remote panel provide this functionality?)
Optional - Smart lock (ZWave?)
Alarm Trip calls user 3

Does that seem like a feasible setup?
Will each smart lock work on the separate partitions?
Can the alarm company call a different user based on partition?

Thanks for any insight.

Happy to assist!

Optional - Smart lock (ZWave?)

Only Z-Wave locks would be compatible through the panel/alarm.com. A list of Qolsys compatible locks (and other Z-Wave devices) can be found here.

Siren - Power G (Or will remote panel provide this functionality?)

IQ Remotes have built in sirens. If an IQ Remote is set up on a different partition “2-4” it only sounds for that partition.

Will each smart lock work on the separate partitions?

Z-Wave devices cannot be assigned to partitions, they are only controlled via partition one locally. If a user does not have access to P1, then they cannot control Z-Wave devices locally.

Users can be given access to locks/partitions through Alarm.com more on that here.

Can the alarm company call a different user based on partition?

This is not something that we currently offer as it would be more difficult to implement reliably, but I can pass along the idea to our team to see how viable this would be.

Partitions are enabled through Installer Settings locally. This can be done from Settings → Advanced Settings → Installation → Installer Settings then click the box to enable partitions.

You can edit existing sensors to select the partition they are assigned to.

Thanks that clears up a lot.

One last question, can bluetooth based disarming be used by a user for a partition? i.e. Tenet 2 comes in range and it disables partition 2 which is controlled at the Remote Panel.

Range should not be an issue so if Tenet 2 comes in range of the main panel and it disables Partition 2 that would also work.

Yes, if partitions are enabled for a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 on firmware version 2.4.0+, you can select which partition the Bluetooth device can disarm in Partition Access . A Bluetooth device can only be assigned to one partition at a time.