Panic Button Does not Trigger Light Through Rules

I have the 2 gig panic buttons throughout my home. The idea is that if their was an intruder we could set off a silent alarm.

There is a strobe light hooked to a zwave outdoor modeule that is compatible with 2Gig (I used them for my landscape lights)

I set the rule to if there is an alarm set off by the panic button, it should trigger the outdoor strobe light.

I have tried it numerous times and it does not trigger the strobe light. I put my alarm on test and confirmed the signal is being sent out and that you are receiving it.

If I select “sensor trigger” in the rules, the panic button does not show up.

Can you please help me with how to write this rule correctly so that a silent alarm set off by my panic button triggers this light swtich?

I also went into the 2 gig and tried both the “24 silent alarm” & “silent burglar” and they both yeielded no result to trigger the strobe light.

There is one setting where you can select “contact” or “emergency” and not sure which one I would select or if that would matter

I have had our partners at Alarm.com send some additional commands that may help flush out any problems with the rules you have set up, as they appear to be set up correctly to me. If those commands have solved the problem, you’ll know in the next half hour. That being said, do you want the strobes to turn on every time an alarm is activated? If so, you could consolidate the separate commands to initiate the strobe and set one rule that turns on the strobe when the alarm is activated. The more rules present, the more work you’re asking the module to do, so if you can break down repetitive rules it makes it easier for the module to handle.

When an alarm is activated, it does not matter on the panel programming whether you’ve selected “contact” or “emergency”, the signal of activated alarm is sent through.

thank you for trying. However I just put my alarm on test and tried and still no strobe.

I have 2 seperate rules because if its an audible alarm, all the house lights and outdoor lights come on as well as a siren.

For the panic alarms, I just want the strobe to come on

I just had an ADC rediscover of your network sent through now, since the commands did not work. If that does fix the problem, we may want to try removing the rules and re-adding them. Its possible there is a miscommunication between the rules and devices and doing this would clear out the problem. Can you confirm that only the strobe light rule for silent alarms with the panics is presenting an issue? Are the other rules working as designed?

still no strobe even though I can control the strobe by itself from the panel and ADC.

I deleted the rules and only added one back and tested it.

My other rules seem to be working just fine.

I think it may have something to do with how ADC views the panic buttons. The rule states “silent alarm” when triggered by “panic button”

Either that or when you get the alarm signal, it does not recognize that the panic button is setting it off?

The rule states "silent alarm" when triggered by "panic button"

A silent alarm or duress alarm to my knowledge will NOT activate sirens/strobes, zwave devices (like lights) or any other alarm notiication device, nor will it indicate an alarm event on the panel.

On the other hand, the “panic” alarms (police/emergency, and fire) are audible (unless police panic is set to silent), and will initiate alarm events on the panel

The rule does not differentiate silent or audible. Just says alarm.

I think we are talking about 2 different things here. I am talking about z-wave rules and not just what goes off with the standard system

I do not think you can use a silent alarm for what you want (trigger zwave devices (e.g. zwave siren, or lights)). That is why it isn’t working…

But in any event the PANIC’s must be a sensor that can be selected from the Alarm drop down menu.

I have the 2 gig panic buttons throughout my home. The idea is that if their was an intruder we could set off a silent alarm.
If I select "sensor trigger" in the rules, the panic button does not show up.

I did something like what you doing. Except I used fixed panics.

The panics you used are primarily for elderly people who would wear it around their neck on a lanyard, or put it on the wall in bathroom in case they fall.

I have a fixed panic on every floor of my home (PAD1 and TS1) in the event of an intrusion, you hit “police”.

The panel alarms, zwave sirens activate and TS1 sirens activate on every level of home, and zwave lights turn on via this rule:

An “Intrusion Sensor” includes the fixed panics (panel, TS1, PAD1/keypad):

Can you change the programming for the panic to full audible alarm and see if the rule works? I’d like to pinpoint if it is the fact that it is set for silent alarm that is tripping up the rule. Based on whether or not that changes the outcome, we’ll be better able to dig deeper.

changed it to audible and it worked…on a side note…when its silent it doesnt send a notice to be displayed on panel. When audible it does… Probably for hostage situations so the intruder cant see you triggered alarm

Silent panic alarms are the same as duress alarms. I have my “police” panics set as silent/duress.

Probably for hostage situations so the intruder cant see you triggered alarm

You are correct. Thank you for the feedback. Digging in further now with our ADC partners to see what can be done.

thank you. This and the schlage lock issue would be great to resolve!

One thing that I am interested in, can anyone verify if a silent/duress alarm event triggers Image sensor and video camera recordings via the sensor “Alarm” activation rules?

This and the schlage lock issue would be great to resolve!

Oh don’t I know it! We are pushing hard on the lock issue. But I very strongly suspect I’ll have more clarity on this panic alarm topic first.

can anyone verify if a silent/duress alarm event triggers Image sensor and video camera recordings via the sensor "Alarm" activation rules?

I can confirm the IS and Video rules do activate In a silent/duress alarm event

Police panic set to silent all keypads Q16(2):

Official word is in from ADC and that is that for a rules to work off an alarm, it must be an audible alarm. Alarm.com creates programming limit as being in place because of the fact that silent alarms are supposed to be discrete.

Official word is in from ADC and that is that for a rules to work off an alarm, it must be an audible alarm.
That must only be applicable to empower rules, as I have already confirmed the video/IS rules work for silent alarms

wonder if there is a way we can request ADC to change this or let the panic button be included in the “sensor” list so that it can trip off a zwave switch?

I can see a problem with that though…if the silent alarm can be configured to trigger zwave devices…how do you stop it from triggering the zwave sirens/strobes?