Panic Button Does not Trigger Light Through Rules

I would think that you would just not select the siren in the rule…Just select the strobe.

Zwave siren/strobes are not selectable zwave devices in empower rules.

They dont activate in silent/duress alarms because empower devices do not activate in silent/duress alarm events. If they did, how would you prevent a zwave siren/strobe from activating?

I don’t think ADC is gonna muck around with the programming that it would require to make that work.

I know, thats why I was wondering if they could change it.

Mine are simply 110v devices that plug into z wave outdoor light switches. They show up as light switches…

That’s not a siren/strobe. That’s an “appliance”/ " switch"

A true zwave siren/strobe isn’t an appliance or a switch, and if silent/duress alarms can activate empower devices/rules it’ll also activate zwave sirens

I am sure it could be done what you want, but it’ll be a major programmimg hassle, and most likely will never ever happen

Basically my understanding is that a silent/duress alarm is meant to show no abnormal changes or event, period. Nothing out of the ordinary.

No emergency lights, strobes, sirens, or warnings of any kind. Nothing at all.

Sounds like a long shot but we can certainly ask. Another option might be to use the open collector output on the 2GIG panel and program Q78 to be “Activated on Any Alarm”. Off the top of my head I don’t know if the open collector output would activate on a silent panic alarm. We would have to run a test to find out. Doing it this way would require a different approach - instead of a z-wave light switch you would have to use a relay to switch the lights on.