Panel Disarmed and no one disarmed it

I believe it was purchased in 2016. I had the original 2 Gig Panel and then Surety recommended I upgrade to the most current version of the GC2. I believe this the version right before the encrypted panels…

panel

Ok, that’s not the oldest radio version, yeah that’s what I wanted to know.

The inconsistency is odd. I see the same lock working normally and then having the numerous reports at different times today. This may be more related to the ADC back-end and the lock model. I’ll poke around some more and see if ADC has any other ideas.

Thank you for pushing ADC on this. I actually think its on their end.

Please let them know that because it was suggested that my locks could be defective, I actually replaced 2 Schage locks so they are the most current Schlage locks with the most current firmware on these locks.

A tiny bit upset that these were replaced, but also hope you use this information so that ADC is motivated to look within their own system.

HI,

Just checking to see if there are any updates from ADC on this? This lock is brand new and their latest version and on the compatibility list. The other lock is working fine that I replaced along with it. I am suspecting ADC backend issues with this and my Lutron Shades issue from my other post. I would really appreciate your help

Have you head anything from ADC on the Schlage Lock and not the Lutron Shades issue?

I’m guessing they are not seeing me as that much of a priority… Could you please push them for me me? I have been struggling with the locks for years (search the forum)

Schlage has spent money to try and resolve, Surety got a lock for me at one point, I have spent unessary money as well. It would see like the issue is with ADC.

I am glad the Lutro Shade issue resolved itself magically to become functional, but we really should strive to understand what happened right? And the shades are still throwing multiple commands.

I think I have been more than reasonable and patient over the years on these issues. I am asking you to advocate for me a little harder with ADC on the Schlage and Lutron issues

I think I have been more than reasonable and patient over the years on these issues. I am asking you to advocate for me a little harder with ADC on the Schlage and Lutron issues

You’re referencing this thread too here, for clarity of readers.

So, I’ve spoken with ADC on this again since then, and received a follow up informing that they can confirm the devices are showing an unexpected number of events and they have said that it appears the Lutron related devices showing the high number of messages are the Shades.

There is no additional info available at this time, but ADC is working on this issue, it’s already been escalated considering the likely impact to the Shades you reported. It is a singular issue on the account and unfortunately it hasn’t been seen before, at least by me or the reps I have spoken to.

Thank you for your patience.

Jason,

Can I ask a clarifying question?

Do you have other people using Schlage Locks and Lutron bLinds? Are they having the same issues I am having (but may not be aware of those issues) In other wrods have you proactively looked out accounts with 2GIG systems with Schlage and lutron or other systems?

Or am I the only one?

In testing with ADC I see a number of examples of repetitious lock reports, from all models of lock, at least on 2GIG 1.19 firmware, although these are almost always just one extra event (two back to back).

I’ve not seen any other examples of the Lutron issue at this time.

Any word back fro, ADC regarding the multiple lock and Lutron commands being sent? It’s been a really long time. How will we make sure they will not just blow off this issue? I think I have been rather patient a d fair with them and am disappointed with their lack of response and think this may have fallen off their list of issues tomclose the loop on

I haven’t heard any additional update, though to clarify, it is not necessarily additional messages being sent, it is the event timeline posting events multiple times. It doesn’t appear the panels are actually sending the lock status multiple times. Lutron is distinct from that and it may actually be an overload of statuses from the api, but that’s a guess.

ADC is looking into the issue based on the reports we’ve submitted. I will poke them about this and see if there is any progress. I cannot comment on their prioritization.

I am still awaiting an update? Do you feel this is an acceptable follow up time from ADC? Can you let them know that this seems unacceptable?

I can’t speak to an acceptable timeline, I don’t know on their end what the underlying issue is. It may be an issue in the Lutron api for Lutron. I can only guess. It is definitely taking a while. I reached out again today and I am expecting a follow up call this afternoon about Lutron.

The Schlage BE469ZP are apparently found to have inconsistencies with 2GIG GC2 and GC3 according to ADC. However the lock duplicate monitor message in history was found on IQ panels as well, and I sent them an example of a Kwikset lock doing it. There doesn’t appear to be any other effect though.

Alarm.com followed up with me and they have some additional info and troubleshooting.

It looks like the primary culprit regarding lutron devices is device with node id 9. This appears to be a shade device and is spamming the history with the most acknowledgement messages.

Can you try deleting, waiting ten minutes or so, and then relearning in that shade, node 9?

Rules and scenes would need to be updated again after relearning it. We want to see if the repeater returns the same frequency of acknowledgements for it after it is freshly installed. The expectation is that they should cease.

They are also asking for another timestamp when control of the shades fails. If this occurs again, turn the wifi off on the phone and just use cell data.

Try sending commands through both Lutron and Alarm.com on just cell data. Any difference? If Alarm.com still fails, take a screenshot of any error/timeout message.

Then ADC wants to verify whether you can send a command to a Lutron light successfully at the same time the Shades are down. I imagine so, but they want to see that back to back in history to compare the responses from the system.

Just to clarify, are you asking me to relearn node 9 in the Lutron System or the ADC system.

Learning it into the Lutron system would require a tech as its pretty complex. ADC should be easy…with that being said can you guide me through that if that is what you want me to do?

Also, can we start with the locks? Seem like a lot simplier to start with and resolve.

Alarm.com was referencing removal of the Node through Lutron I believe separately, however if you would prefer we can first try just deleting the Lutron account link in general and then you can reconnect it to your Alarm.com account.

Would you like to try that?

Also, can we start with the locks? Seem like a lot simplier to start with and resolve.

That’s not the case. There is nothing to test with the locks at this time. The actual issue we are describing doesn’t have any additional impact beyond duplicated status messages and is being looked into by ADC.

The issue with the Lutron nodes is not related to the locks. The Lutron nodes are actually spamming the event buffer with acknowledgements apparently, and very well could be a cause of the intermittent loss of control of the shades you described.

Can you walk me through the process of deleted and re-adding the shades? I went into the shades on the ADC web portal and can not figured it out

The Lutron removal would need us to remove the Lutron link, then you could re-add it through the Alarm.com website. This would remove all Lutron devices. Would you like me to do that?

yes, please.

can you tell me where I go to re-add it?

Certainly, to relink that Lutron RadioRa2, please power cycle the main repeater, then send the Serial Number off the main repeater label to me via private message.