Odd notifications

Well I neglected to think it could have anything to do with the controller because the updates sent to ADC should be identical. It tested properly on 2GIG. On Qolsys now, I see the same result as you. Same thermostat used to test both. Digging deeper.

Well at least I’m not crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Jason, you mentioned in the lock thread that ADC and Qolsys think this is a “reporting error” but that’s not a solution. Reporting affects notifications and apparently the sensor open rules. I have a host of examples where the notifications being sent by the sensor open rule are flat out wrong. This is more than an annoyance as I can’t really rely on what I’m being told in the app being reality.

Are my geofences working?
Are my sensor open rules working?
Are my regular schedules working?

No way to know unless I’m there in person as the information being presented is erroneous.

Of course, and I completely agree, as do ADC and Qolsys. They are working to resolve reporting issues, I assure you.

Understood. I appreciate your responsiveness and dedication to help :slight_smile:

Understood. I appreciate your responsiveness and dedication to help :slight_smile:

Of course. I’ll be following up with Alarm.com today regarding the thermostat notifications.

This notification thing must be stumping those folks at ADC… now my “Sensor left open” notifications are backwards.

Temp: 78°
Offset: 4°

6:04pm Sensor left open thermostat change:

The Front Door was left open so the Thermostat temp was changed to 78° for cool

6:07pm Sensor left open thermostat restoral:

The Front Door was closed so the Thermostat temp was changed to 82° for cool

The notification errors are currently being worked on, but this update will be forwarded.

I’m seeing the same “backwards” notifications as well. I’m also seeing set points being reported in the app that don’t exist on my schedules. Mind you that the thermostats don’t appear to reflect that, they show the normally expected set point. This all seems to be centered around the app as far as I can tell.

The only thing I can think of is ADC must have scooped up and hired all those programmers that Apple cut loose … :wink:

I was thinking they must have combed the unemployment office behind Google :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh my.

After that Apple “iLost” maps fiasco, and the botched IOS 8.0.1 fiasco, “iMessage”, “bendgate”, and “antennagate” (you are holding it wrong), the recent iTunes, and App store outages, I thought for sure ADC was bargain hunting new “talent” at cut rate prices.

With all the half a$$ buggy stuff they have been putting out, either they cut their Quality Control Dept, or they are just really really inept (hence ex-apple employees…).

Nope, not taking the bait. My AAPL is up 2% today :stuck_out_tongue:

Jason, any further luck on driving this to a resolution?

No update yet. I’ve been in contact with ADC and will update here when we know solution/cause.

Bringing this up as it’s still an issue.

Also, I added a third thermostat/zone this week. Added on AC power etc. Wonder if it’s also still reporting on battery like the other two.

Can you copy/paste some of the notifications with erroneous set points here, including the time-stamp?

Are every single one of the Sensor left open override notifications wrong? There’s never one that is correct for you?

All T2000s (Maybe all thermostats) will report battery through Qolsys panel. If you learned it in on AC power it will perform as a repeater and function as indicated in manual.

It’s more than just notifications, it’s the general status of the thermostats being reported in the app as well. And yes, every single one of the sensor overrides notices is wrong.

Here’s a screenshot of the current status of one stat as an example:

status1

The current set points of that unit are 63 and 85, not 71 and 79 that are the set points for at home hours.

Here’s a screen shot of a notification from today:

notification

It’s announcing the sensor open set point as the ones that are set for closed status.

Again, the actual set points on the thermostats are correct, just the notifications and sometimes the stats in the app is just plain wrong. The set points change properly according to sensor status and smart away etc.

This happens all day, every day.

To be honest, I don’t even want notifications for these things but I’m unable to set any rule without a recipient being set as well. I want the action, just not the notice. Maybe that’s a request for enhancement that ADC can take under advisement. Mind you they should fix the broken status reporting, just make it optional to have to receive one in order for the rule to exist at all.

Any movement on this? I have to say that it’s getting annoying to be constantly given false information from this system. I now have three of these units behaving the same way, and while I know that it’s most likely working fine, that doesn’t inspire confidence when I look at my app for verification of the environment and it’s wrong.