Odd notifications

Thank you for checking back, we are still working with ADC on this issue. We will push hard for an update today.

It would be best to have some more reference points to pin this down. Would you mind setting up your email address in the notifications that are not correctly reporting and then forwarding the resulting notifications to customerservice@suretyDIY.com?

Yep, they’re already going to email so that I can filter them out so I’ll just forward a bunch of them to you (see my request to be able to create rules without requiring a recipient of a notification in some instances).

How many do you want?

let’s go with 10.

OK, stand by…incoming.

Done. I think I send a few more than 10 since I’m on my mobile and can’t count lol.

Thank you. Are all of them incorrect values?

Yeah, pretty sure they all are. You can see some of them are reporting sensor opened and closed with the same values or values that are reversed. Not to mention that some of the temps listed are not ones that exist in my programming.

If I look at the history logs in the Qolsys panel though at the same times, it reports what I’d expect with the correct temps for the indicated events.

Were the override values/rules changed in any way throughout the period of time the forwarded notifications cover?

Do you mean did I manually adjust any temps? Not on the downstairs thermostat; the other two it’s possible but the one I sent you notifications for wasn’t touched.

Did you change the override temps during that time period? To clarify, the value of difference adjustment the thermostat would make due to the door being left open. It does not appear to be the case in the history, but just for confirmation.

I heard from ADC that they have done some troubleshooting. Can you test the notifications now and report whether they are accurate?

Won’t be for a bit. When my gf gets home I’m sure she’ll do the usual and leave doors open etc. As soon as I get any of those notifications I’ll let you know how they went…

Well, at first glance this actually looks bad. It seems they broke the smart away feature as all three of my stats are still set for the normal “home” temps while the panel is armed away and no one is home.

I’ll try recreating those smart away settings and see what happens…

OK yeah, that didn’t work at all. Something’s broken and needs to be looked at asap. For now I’ll be overriding the set temps with manual ones but that just means it will be nasty when someone gets home :frowning:

It might be even worse…looks like communications from ADC to the thermostats is just plain broken. I can’t manually override anything from the app or the website directly.

I also tried setting a time based “away” schedule segment instead of relying on the (broken) smart away and neither one works.

They just try and try and then time out with no apparent change to the set points. Not good.

Update: I managed to get the AC set point adjusted by turning the schedule on and off again but the heating setpoint didn’t change. Not an issue now since the temp is a mild 102 today but yeah, something is seriously amiss.

I’ve updated the techs with all your updates here. I do not see a reason on the account for that to happen, unless communication is really weak to the thermostats in the Zwave network currently. I just looked at some of the diagnostics and it looks like you have a 99.6% success rate for commands. That doesn’t really indicate a big problem, but I wonder if the .4% is all thermostat related.

No idea. I have locks there as well as lights on z-wave. I also have the MyQ gateway and once in a while that gets stupid too.

Bottom line though, smart away is broken. It’s on for all three stats but the heat set point hasn’t changed since the system was armed away and all the devices are long gone. I see that temps appear to be going up so whatever I did was able to raise the cooling set point but that’s no solution obviously.

This is a major deal for me btw, way more than notifications being stupid. Running my AC all day with no one home and temps in the triple digits plus is unacceptable.

I think the issue with smart away is temporary and specifically because schedules were recreated. Geodevices were already outside of the Geofence. They did not cross the fence since recreation to kick on the rule. If you select both Geofencing and armed away in your Smart Away rule, both conditions must take effect.

Geofence rules rely on triangulation from cell towers, not satellite GPS. It won’t recognize your location outside of the fence until you actually cross the fence.