No Signal on IQ 2 Panel

I am trying to set up a system that was installed by the prior homeowners. I am on the step to run a cellular test but I’m getting no cellular signal on the IQ 2 panel.

After running the test, I get a message that states cellular radio test timed out. Please try again later. For new installs, please verify an account has been created.

Adding to my prior post, before creating/activating my Surety account, my IQ 2 panel was connected to AT&T. However after I began the process, it no longer is connecting via cellular. I am however connected over WiFi. Here are photos showing the cellular connection before and after.

Please help me enable the cellular connection.

EDIT 11/17/2023: First try updating firmware to 2.8.1 per the steps linked below:

Hmm, looking at the account history, I see a manual phone test, and pings to the system requesting a cell response are successful, except when sending them via cell.

In other words, I can send a ping via broadband and request a cell response, we get an acknowledged response.

Try disabling wifi. Then power down for 20 minutes. (Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down.)

After 20 minutes, boot up the panel, do not connect wifi again yet, just run a cell test a few times a few minutes after boot up. Any difference in response?

After those steps go ahead and enable wifi again.

Thank you Jason. I followed the steps you outlined and there is still no signal for cellular connection.

Thanks, I am still seeing the panel reporting 0 signal strength in reply to strength checks. It is only accepting commands via broadband.

Can you send a private message with a photo of the inside of the panel with the whole board visible?

Did you factory reset the panel during the setup for any reason?

Thank you again. I sent a private message with a photo of the inside of the panel with the whole board visible.

I have not done a factory reset. I have only tried panel reboots and power downs.

Hello, I came upon this post while searching for help with my own issue (no cellular signal and signal strength 0). Did you get the help you needed? Our system was fine for months then one day we lost cellular. Thank you.

Hello, I came upon this post while searching for help with my own issue (no cellular signal and signal strength 0). Did you get the help you needed? Our system was fine for months then one day we lost cellular. Thank you

Looking at your history it doesn’t appear cellular has ever responded properly. The cellular dual path failure trouble condition is from shortly after account creation. The panel signal history shows a 0 signal for all signal requests.

It looks like only broadband is working on your system currently.

Just to be sure, if you temporarily run your panel on battery power and bring it outside do you see any difference in the radio signal strength?

Do you have a cellular network extender on site that you use for your phones?

I have sent a few troubleshooting commands to the panel to try and restart the cell radio, however we have heard a few reports of this and while I do not have confirmation, it appeared to be an issue where the cell module in the panel is malfunctioning rather than an actual signal strength issue.

I would try an extended power down to be sure, Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down. Leave it off for an hour at least, then boot back up. If no change I think a master reset (Factory Reset) may be a necessary step.

Jason,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I could swear that cellular was working (connected and with strong signal) when we first activated the system with Surety. I thought I had saved some screenshots of the panel but I cannot find them.

This is a rental property that I manage, so I am trying to gather some options before asking the tenants for access to the home.

Right now my options from what I have read in the forum are to first power down the system, remove battery, wait 10 minutes then power up. If that does not help, then proceed with your suggestions, factory reset being the step of last resort. I have not configured one of these panels from factory settings before, so I hope it does not come to that.

Right now my options from what I have read in the forum are to first power down the system, remove battery, wait 10 minutes then power up. If that does not help, then proceed with your suggestions, factory reset being the step of last resort. I have not configured one of these panels from factory settings before, so I hope it does not come to that.

Hopefully not. The ultimate cause has not been identified due to its rarity and odd behavior, but I don’t believe the standard steps helped in the prior cases.

FYI for anyone encountering this a new firmware update was released which likely addresses this issue with cell connectivity: