No cellular test option in toolbox

I am trying to setup my system and run a cell phone test and when I enter the toolbox, the cell phone test button is not showing as an option. Can you assist? I’m using an existing module and no changes have been made to it or its antenna since I last used it.

What firmware version are you currently running? This video shows where to find it if you’re aren’t sure. Often a firmware that is not compatible with the module is the culprit if the cell phone test button is missing.

V1.10 is the firmware version. I’m using a Verizon 3G module.

Have you tried power cycling the panel? If not, disconnect it from the wall and then disconnect the battery. While you have it unplugged, it is worth ensuring the module or antenna haven’t been unseated. This video shows how to remove and reinstall the module. Once properly seated, plug your battery back in and power up.

Can you see the cell phone test button now?

CHECK and verify cell radio enabled (for I assume ADC)

Q91(1)

The default configuration is (0) disabled for Q91, and if the panel Q is somehow misconfigured, or panel console is reset, the radio modem is turned off, or will otherwise no longer work for the alarm.com cellular module (hence no test button).

Further note:
If Q91 cell radio is disabled, and you are for whatever reason, unable to access system config, you can re-enable the alarm.com cellular radio by reflashing firmware 1.9.6 (which will undo and remove the Q91 config setting).

You can then perform the cell test with the master user code, and successfully reprovision a locked out panel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to Power cycle and the cell phone test button is not showing up.

What are the steps to CHECK and verify cell radio enabled (for I assume ADC)?

thanks for the suggestion. I tried to Power cycle and the cell phone test button is not showing up.

What is Q91 set as?

Do you know the installer code?

From the installer toolbox, click on “System Configuration”, then click “go to”. Enter “91”. What does it say?

Do I need to hit or enter anything after I enter 91?

You need to see what it is. “0” or “1”
Change it to “1”

No, it should take you to that question and show it with a number and some text after in the white area at the upper left of the screen. What do you see?

(0) default disabled
(1) ADC
(2) Telular/Telguard
(3) Uplink

Yes, I have Installer code

I went to system configuration and it does not show question 91

Then you are not running firmware 1.10. Q91 is in firmware 1.10, 1.10.1, 1.12, 1.13.

V1.10 is the firmware version. I’m using a Verizon 3G module.

What firmware version are you running? You need 1.9.6 (or higher) for 3G modules.

The version says 1.10 I have attached a pic

The version says 1.10 I have attached a pic

Then Q91 exists on your panel configuration. Try again.

>