Need to install new module...is it this simple?

I am out of my Vivint contract…I purchased a module from suretydiy and am ready to install module and accompanying antenna. Once I do that,

• do I perform the cell test and then call Alarm.com to register?
    OR
  • do I call Alarm.com with the new cell number from the module first?
    OR
  • has that number already been registered when I bought the module?

Also,

Is there a way to backup current settings for my locks and thermostat or will that be unaffected when switching out the module?

This depends on whether or not you also purchased service with the module, which it looks like in this case, you did. Your module is already registered to your new account and ready to go after installation and a successful cell phone test. A welcome email was sent to the email address on file with tracking information and next steps for getting set up. I can have the welcome email resent if need be, just let us know.

Your locks and thermostats should be unaffected, along with the rest of your sensors.

you will have to redo your alarm.com user page as well as all notifications and rules. This includes any lock codes that are on ADC’s Vivint page.

I doubt Surety can backup your Vivint ADC settings as they don’t have access to another dealer’s customer accounts.

You will need to clear the Vivint defaults in programming and you should change the User 8 2580 code. You may also want to enable all features after you update firmware.

You will need to clear the Vivint defaults in programming and you should change the User 8 2580 code. You may also want to enable all features after you update firmware.

You won’t need to change any panel System Configuration programming settings. Those settings are taken care of automatically when your panel first communicates with us. But yes, you will have to redo your user codes, notifications and rules in your Alarm.com account.

You won’t need to change any panel System Configuration programming settings. Those settings are taken care of automatically when your panel first communicates with us. But yes, you will have to redo your user codes, notifications and rules in your Alarm.com account.

I wasn’t aware Surety defaulted/changed the Programming Q’s (other than Q43, Q44, and Q45). has this changed?

for example, Q48 is set for vivint code (and should be defaulted to “000000”), Vivint also defaults the swinger shutdown to 1 (were code requires 2), and Vivint defaults all systems regardless of whether or not they are equipped with monitored smoke/heat detectors to Q46(1), where codes now require the troubles NOT to be disabled at night if smoke det are installed. Hence, Q46(1).

Thanks for clarification, Warren. Amanda, the email was in junk folder. Sounds like I may or may not have to change User 8 code. Trying to plug and play for now. Just expect to make changes in the new ADC account. Got it. I should be good to go. Thanks!

this is a list for optimizing and fully enabling the 2GIG panel for those coming over from Vivint

To access panel setting configuration:
Logo>enter installer code>system configuration>" go to", then enter “05”, then “go to”, enter " 06", then “go to”, enter " 07"… etc, for each Q. (For example, to disable Q44 lockout, hit “go to”, then enter 44, then enter 0. Numbers in parentheses are the numbers to enter on each programming (Q)uestion)

IF you have smoke detectors, Codes require Q46 to be set to “0”
Q20 Swinger shutdown count is now code required to be set for “2”

Q5(60)
Q6(30)
Q7(45)
Q8(0) disabled leave disabled unless you have telephone/POTS monitoring **
Q9 **
Q10 **
Q11 **
Q12 **
Q13(2)
Q14(1)
Q15(0)
Q16(1) select (2) for silent police panic
Q17(1)
Q18(1)
Q19(1)
Q20(2)
Q21(0) wired siren supervision (leave disabled unless you have a wired siren)
Q22(7)
Q23(30)
Q24(1)
Q25(1)
Q26(0)
Q27(1)
Q28(1)
Q29(1)
Q31(5)
Q32(1)
Q33(0)
Q34(10)
Q35(1)
Q36(0)
Q37(4)
Q38(10)
Q39(1)
Q40 **
Q41 **
Q42(3)

• Q43(installer code) change this, do not leave default
    Q44(0) lockout disabled
    Q45(0) lockout disabled
    Q46(1) select (0) for UL985 fire/smoke detector equipped systems
    Q47(0)
    Q48(000000)
    Q49(0)
    Q50(1)
    Q51(0)
    Q52(1)
    Q53(1)
    Q54(1)
    Q55(0)
    Q56(0)
    Q57(0)
    Q58(1)
    Q59(0)
    Q60(1)
    Q61(1)
    Q62(1)
    Q63(0)
    Q64(1)
    Q65(1)
    Q66(1)
    Q67(03)
    Q68(2)
    Q69(11)
    Q70(1)
    Q71(1)
    Q72(0) Quick Bypass select (1)enabled IF using secondary Keypads (2GIG-PAD1)to arm system.
    Q73(1)
    Q74(1)
    Q75(1)
    Q76(0)
    Q77(3)
    Q78(11)

The following is for enabling/setting zwave/home automation functionality

Q79(3) enabled (select (2) if you do not have empower add on and want to control zwave rules/scenes from panel )
Q80(1) enabled switches/lights
Q81(1) enabled thermostats
Q82(1) enabled door locks
Q83(0) F° (select (1) for C° tstat temp display)
Q84(0) services require code (disabled)
Q85(1) master user zwave toolbox access (zwave device install)
Q86(0)
Q87(0)
Q88(0) zwave siren mode (burglary and fire)
Q89(1) backlight always on option
Q90(2) enabled zwave energy feature/metering
Q91(1) ADC cellular module

The following is for enabling and configuring IP broadband Internet connectivity (requires Go!Bridge)

Q92(0) none Network Device
Q93(30) broadband network failure time
Q94(1) enabled broadband network failure causes trouble
Q95(1) enabled broadband network failure reports
Q96(0) commercial burglary support

Q97(0) Select Sound on Normal Closing Acknowledgment

Score on the motherload of info I didn’t know I might need. Will discover when I get to it after work. Thanks!

I wasn’t aware Surety defaulted/changed the Programming Q’s (other than Q43, Q44, and Q45). has this changed?

We apply a template that sets most of the settings to reasonable defaults. It doesn’t look like the template sets Q48 though. I think Alarm.com automatically sets that to 000000 when the panel is connected to a new account for security purposes to keep the old dealer out. I’ll check to make sure. Q48 would only matter if the 2GIG panel is connected to a land line telephone. It doesn’t matter for panels which are only connected by cellular or broadband.

We apply a template that sets most of the settings to reasonable defaults.

Vivint also defaults the Q20 swinger shutdown to 1 (where current code requires 2), and Vivint defaults all systems regardless of whether or not they are equipped with monitored smoke/heat detectors to Q46(1), where codes now require the troubles NOT to be disabled at night IF said system is smoke detector equipped. Hence, Q46(1).

where codes now require the troubles NOT to be disabled at night IF said system is smoke detector equipped. Hence, Q46(1).

Opps. that is a typo (bold text) it should be Q46(0)

When a jamming alert is received, are police dispatched?

If RF Jamming alerts are enabled, they will generate a Trouble Alert should interference be detected.

While trouble alerts are logged into history, they do not cause police to be dispatched.