Entering the house delay timer

How do give myself more time to enter the house when we come home.

Currently when I open the garage door the countdown starts which is fine if I drive my primary vehicle. Occasionally I will take my 2nd vehicle (Truck that has to be backed into the garage and mirrors tucked in so it take a little longer).

This causes the alarm to go off about the same time I shut the truck off unless I sprint into the house.

I know I can disarm with my phone or key fob but I don’t use the key fob and don’t always remember to disarm with my phone.

What I would like to do is give myself another 30 seconds or so to get to to the control panel.

What panel?

Q5, Q6, Q7 on 2GIG GC2 control the exit and entry delays

Sensors can be programmed for Entry Exit 1 or Entry Exit 2. These two zone types can have an independent entry delay timer. Usually entry exit 2 is used for extended delay.

In addition, you can specify the length of the delay for the two types. Q7 in programming (2GIG) lets you set the delay time for Entry Exit 2. By default it is 45 seconds. You can set that up to 240 seconds, or 4 full minutes.

Thank you much!

Are there some more detailed directions to increase the delay timer?

Are there some more detailed directions to increase the delay timer?

On 2GIG GC2

Touch screen Logo right hand bottom corner>enter installer code>system configuration>" go to", then enter “05”, then “go to”, enter " 06", then “go to”, enter " 07"… etc, for each Q you want to change (does not need to be in sequential order). (For example, to increase Q7 delay from 45 to 240, hit “go to”, then enter 07, then enter 240 (4 min delay).Then end, and exit. Panel reboots.

Q5 EXIT DELAY (45-120)
Q6 ENTRY DELAY 1 (30-240)
Q7 ENTRY DELAY 2 (30-240)

for optimal panel Q settings, see: GC2 fully enabled and optimized Programming Q’s
Numbers in parentheses are the numbers to enter on each programming (Q)uestion)

Also, for reference, installation manuals for products can be found on their product pages on suretyDIY.com.

Also, for reference, installation manuals for products can be found on their product pages on suretyDIY.com.

Product page manual as linked above is for installation programing guide firmware v1.12 (current is 1.14/1.14.0.1, and there have been programming (Q)uestion changes since v1.12).

Might want to update that guide to a current release version.

Product page manual as linked above is for installation programing guide firmware v1.12

Good catch, thanks. Unfortunately that is the latest manual link on 2GIG’s site :slight_smile:

I’ll see if they’ve got a new one. Probably just a mistake.