MyQ hub is opening both garage doors instead of the on requested

Thank you, yeah that’s a good test and indicative of a potential issue with the commands being relayed between ADC and Liftmaster. I’m checking with ADC to see if they can confirm what is going on and if it can be resolved quick on their end.

@jwcsurety As always thanks for your time and help.!

I spoke with Alarm.com again and they had to do some digging but a higher tier tech stated that this is actually a rare issue they have encountered before with the Wifi hub in particular, where ADC will send commands to the hub, but only one works (presumably just the first one to be received). This lends to the random nature and makes it harder to identify.

It is an issue between Liftmaster and ADC. They are working with Liftmaster to fix but there is no ETA.

There may be a couple work-arounds if you want control through Alarm.com and simultaneous opening/closing:

1. Linear Z-wave opener may be an option depending on your system and panel distance.
  2. Do your liftmaster openers have a MyQ logo on them? I am curious if they might be compatible with the 828 LM. They might not be based on the manual, but worth a look.

@jwcsurety
I just removed 2 Linear Z wave units, They just randomly stopped working. I believe it was after the z-wave card was updated. I opted to replace them because they are prone to failure anyways. I thought I chose one of the more reliable options, especially since of the placement of the openers.

I doubt the openers have the MyQ logo they were manufactured in 10/99.

It is a reliable option, the issue is communication between ADC and Liftmaster, maybe an issue with a Liftmaster API. I can only speculate on that though.

ADC did say that you should be able to use two separate hubs actually and make it work. They expect that to work anyway. But you said you tried that and had the same problem, right?

@jwcsurety so I come home last night and test the garage doors and I am no longer able to independently control them via the MyQ app only both doors open or close when I select a single door to open or close and then conversely if I manually open one and select to close it the app the closed one opens while the open one closes, so now I’m not so sure if it isn’t a problem with Chamberlain.
and yes the result was no different when I had both hubs connected still did not work as expected.
Iirc with both hubs one would open and neither would close the hubs would flash and blink but the openers would not respond to the close command

I’m surprised that I haven’t run into this in reports before. That’s very interesting to see it happening through the MyQ app directly. Yeah I assumed it was an API issue, but it may just be a bug in the hubs themselves.

Now that it is happening without ADC involvement, if you report that to Chamberlain support do they have any steps to fix it?

@jwcsurety hey Jason I have added the other hub to ADC, I thought we were on to something but it turns out still only the one door it works when the both door command is sent.
I will elaborate more over the weekend as it’s a very long story.
One interesting note that you can possibly relay to ADC, is that when I added in the second door to the hub it hung on the confirmation screen waiting to hear back that the door was actually added. Strangely the second door that was added shows up first in the app. so it’s as if the second door is somehow canceling the first door out in the ADC api I believe.

One interesting note that you can possibly relay to ADC, is that when I added in the second door to the hub it hung on the confirmation screen waiting to hear back that the door was actually added. Strangely the second door that was added shows up first in the app. so it’s as if the second door is somehow canceling the first door out in the ADC api I believe.

Have you tried the pairing process locally at the garage hub? That would mean adding doors by tapping the number buttons on the hub.