MyQ Garage Compatibility?

You can’t add it yourself. It’s technically still in beta testing so you would have to have one of our agents work with you over the phone to add it but it’s quick and easy. I’m using one and there’s a customer earlier in this thread that’s using one as well.

We’ve now got the LiftMaster MyQ Garage Universal Remote Controller (821LM) in stock and offered online in the suretyDIY store -

I have a question. I was able to successfully pair my myQ universal with my alarm.com account. I am able to successfully open and close the garage door from alarm.com. The problem I am having is that the statuts (open/closed) is not working correctly. When I first add the door, it works for a while and then stops. Now when I open the door it still says closed, thus none of my alerts work correctly. I had the door removed from the back end in alarm.com and re-added it and the same thing is happening again. Is there something I am missing, or is my unit just not working correctly?

It doesn’t sound like you’re missing anything. I haven’t heard anyone report an issue like this before. Some possibilities might be:

• The door sensor wasn't properly paired with the hub after adding the hub to your Alarm.com account.
  • The door sensor isn't mounted/oriented properly.
  • The hub is having trouble receiving wireless messages from the door sensor.
  • The hub is having trouble sending status updates to Liftmaster's servers via you Internet connection.
  • Something is defective in the equipment.

Can we rule out any of these out right off that bat to narrow it down?

In dealing with another Liftmaster issue this morning I heard from Liftmaster that their MyQ service has been intermittent recently and they’re trying to fix the issue as quickly as possible. The MyQ stuff doesn’t report directly to Alarm.com. It communicates directly with Liftmaster’s own servers and then to Alarm.com through Liftmaster. If Liftmaster is having issues then it would affect the Alarm.com Liftmaster integration. I wonder if this has been affecting your system?

Has compatibility with the chamberlain myq garage door opener with alarm.com been resolved? I recently had an alarm.com system installed, and would like to have a chamberlain garage door opener with myq installed, vs having a liftmaster installed, only because it about $100 cheaper.

However, I would like to confirm that the chamberlain myq will integrate with the alarm.com remote application.

Thanks

Just following up on the Chamberlain MyQ problem described above, it was fixed a couple weeks after being discovered. Chamberlain MyQ Garage works fine with Alarm.com now.

Thanks Ryan!

Can you also advise if I can use either internet gateway (the chamberlain CIGBU vs liftmaster 828lm branded ones) with my chamberlain opener?

I haven’t heard of anyone using a Chamberlain CIGBU with Alarm.com but I would guess that it would work and if it doesn’t and the problem is just another little serial number issue I’d guess they would fix it pretty quickly. I’ll ask around to see if anyone has heard of that being tested yet.

We sell the 828LM for $49.95. Where is the Chamberlain CIGBU $100 cheaper?

I just checked with Alarm.com tech support and they didn’t have any knowledge of whether the Chamberlain CIGBU would work or not. They just kept saying that the 828LM would work. Keep in mind, that was just tier 1 tech support. I’ll keep digging and see if I can come up with anything.

Thanks jay, I have purchased a chamberlain MyQ whisper belt opener. Trying to determine if it matters what gateway I use, I know the 828lm is compatible with alarm.com, I assume it will also be compatible with the chamberlain unit I purchased.

Thanks for digging around for me.

Can you provide the model number of the garage door opener you purchased?

CHAMBERLAIN - WD832KEV

That garage door opener is MyQ compatible so you won’t even need to get a different control panel. All you will need for that is the 828LM Gateway and you will be able to get it synced up to alarm.com.

I guess at this point it doesn’t matter because you’ve discovered that the 828LM works with your opener but I did hear from a beta tester who confirmed that the Chamberlain CIGBU works with Alarm.com as well.

I understand the the craftsman assurelink is the same gateway as the liftmaster. My gateway serial begins 0200. Any idea why alarm.com is not recognizing? I have deleted any pairing to the craftsman app and website fyi…Thanks

I have heard the Craftsman Assurelink 41A7665 gateway does not currently work with Alarm.com. I don’t know if it’s just a similar serial number issue or something more. I’ll make an inquiry on if and when it is planned to be supported and let you know what I find out.

Thanks Ryan. The model number on the back of my gateway is 001B7543-1.

If my gateway is not supported, any idea if the 828LM is cross compatible with my existing equipment? I have the Craftsman #3043 package. Another thing I find interesting is that it does not have the sensor like the Liftmaster equivalent.

I’ve asked around and haven’t found anyone who has used a Liftmaster 828LM with a Craftsman Assurelink opener. If I had to guess I would say yes, I think it will work. I have seen Liftmaster 888LM control panels work with Craftsman openers. I would assume Assurelink and MyQ wireless are the same thing. But before spending the money you should call Liftmaster customer support at 800-528-5880 and verify with them.