Multiple Z-wave and panel problems after updating IQPanel 2+ to 2.7.0

I have begun to experience many problems with Z-wave functionality (and a, supposedly, a panel power issue) after updating my IQPanel 2+ from 2.6.3 to 2.7.0 this past Saturday. Issues include the following:

1. My two Schlage BE469ZP deadbolts do not respond to remote commands. However, they both report status correctly. The issue is very reminiscent of this previous issue, which Jason helped with and ultimately required some combination of an upgrade panel firmware and Z-wave SDK to 6.81 to correct (if memory serves). Note that I am now using more modern Schlage BE469ZPs than I was at that time - they are both manufactured more recently and fall within the documented date range for full ADC compatibility (newer than January 2021, if memory serves).

2. Couple of instances of ADC-supported light switches/Z-wave nodes hanging completely, seen across two different devices. Light switches in this condition not only will not respond to Z-wave commands, but also cannot be turned on or off via the physical switch (have to open the breaker to reset them, after which they work normally again).

3. Aeotech home energy monitor has stopped reporting data. This was a key variable in the original problem. I reset it, but no better behavior. I also unplugged in for a short period of time last night to reset the panel and retry my lock functionality, but this didn’t seem to make a difference.

4. After rebooting the panel last night (and ever since), the panel has been reporting an AC power failure (both locally on the screen, as well as via ADC). However, it has AC power. The panel itself even reports that it is charging the battery. I rebooted the panel a second time, but no difference in behavior.

I’ve also performed a network rediscovery, but with no difference in behavior at all.

I ran ALL tests for the panel, and they ALL passed. Run selective Z-wave tests to both locks, HEM and no problems there, either. I turned off WiFi, unplugged the HEM and rebooted the panel - no changes to any of the above, so I reconnected everything.

Please help…? I’m really regretting having performed that update!!

Similar to before, if you remove that HEM from the network, then reboot the panel, do the Z-wave problems cease or improve?

Try an extended power down of 20 minutes. Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down. Then boot back up. Any change?

We’ve had another report of the AC power failure error even though power seems to be applied successfully locally. I am forwarding all these descriptions to Qolsys for review.

I just finished performing both of those actions with no difference at all.

Alright, let me see what info I can get from Qolsys on this. I will report back ASAP.

Thank you, Jason. Your help is much appreciated, as always!

Hi, Jason, any updates on these issues…?

Not yet, I’ll double check on this and follow up here.

Hello, Jason, anything new with this? Has Qolsys responded at all?

Am I really the only one with this lock issue?

Whatever became of the other individual who reported the power failure issue after this update?

Couple of instances of ADC-supported light switches/Z-wave nodes hanging completely, seen across two different devices. Light switches in this condition not only will not respond to Z-wave commands, but also cannot be turned on or off via the physical switch

Qolsys has not followed up with specific troubleshooting. I don’t think there are many reports of this kind of behavior to go on, and I haven’t seen this on 2.7.0. This specific description about the switches doesn’t strike me as a panel cause. I would be more inclined to treat this first as those devices failing. And if you have a couple devices failing then other Z-wave signal trouble is a natural possible result.

If you delete those two switches that you are having trouble with, then reboot the panel and run a network rediscovery, is there any difference?

After rebooting the panel last night (and ever since), the panel has been reporting an AC power failure (both locally on the screen, as well as via ADC). However, it has AC power. The panel itself even reports that it is charging the battery. I rebooted the panel a second time, but no difference in behavior.

The power failure notice in ADC has been reported a couple times, not related specifically to 2.7.0. We are working with Qolsys on that. Looks like a sync issue between ADC and the panel and might even be on ADC’s side.

Am I really the only one with this lock issue?

As far as I know, yes.

Just to follow-up, while I had no power the other day I decided to retest my door locks - both before and after power cycling the panel. Since all other Z-wave devices were without power (and so could not potentially interfere), this seemed like a good next step.

In short, neither of the door locks responded as expected, either before or after power cycling the panel, so this seemed to rule out interference from a neighboring Z-wave node.

I went ahead and excluded and included back both locks and now both are functioning again. Not sure what caused all this surrounding the 2.7.0 firmware upgrade, but at least things appear to be working again. Posting this for closure, and in case anyone else happens to run across the same issue.

Hi, Jason. So, I thought we had put whatever this issue was with the earlier update to 2.7.0 to rest, but I just recently found one more lingering issue. If you recall, after updating from 2.6.3 to 2.7.0 a few months ago my HEM stopped working normally, and both of my Schlage locks would only indicate status, but would fail any remote lock/unlock commands. I found that unjoining and rejoining them to the Z-wave network resolved these issues.

Just this past Friday, I was prompted by the ADC app to perform my quarterly test for my ADC-SWM150 smart water value & meter. The tests failed, and any subsequent attempts to remotely close/open the valve also failed. But, like the Schlage locks, the indication has been working flawlessly all this time, so the problem was not previously apparent. I’m attributing this to whatever it was that caused my earlier issues that started with the earlier update to 2.7.0.

Similar to the locks, I confirmed that unjoining/rejoining the ADC-SWM150 the Z-wave network resolved the issue, and remote open/close commands are now working again. However, like with unjoining/rejoining the HEM, all my past historical data for water usage is now gone. Would you be able relink this was data usage (like you previously did with the HEM)? Assuming the same limitations apply, I am fine with losing the most recent few days’ worth of data in favor of regaining access to the earlier bulk data.

As an aside, I also updated from 2.7.0 to 2.7.1 on Friday (after observing the issue with the ADC-SWM150). My locks, HEM and valve continued to function normally after this update without any extra gyrations, thankfully.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Unfortunately it looks like there is no way to transfer data from a deleted instance of the water valve like with the HEM.