ADC reporting power failure when panel on AC Power

I would’ve been asleep at 2am lol and I have not tested with a multimeter what setting should the meter be on and what should a normal reading look like?

Usually VDC with a positive lead in the barrel connector and negative lead on the side but I belive the IQP4 barrel connector is too small for the probes on most multi-meters.

Which is why theInput Voltage Test exists in panel programming. Was this run? Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Input Voltage Test.

Can you provide a picture of the Settings tray drop down from the main panel screen?

Additionally, from the home screen, if you click on the Surety logo (or Qolsys Logo) in the top right hand corner, then on Alerts/Alarms Is there a recent Panel - AC Off message?

regarding the Panel - AC Off Message. I have seen that each time I have rebooted in the troubleshooting steps. There is not one there persistently. I will run the voltage test this evening when I get home from work and report back with the results.

Also just fyi the message was still there after logout and login after you sent those commands. hoping the input test shows its just the power supply. If it is do you guys sell replacements for those?

We do not, but the part number is QR0051-840. Let us know what you find with the voltage test and the image requested

This is one of a couple different issues I began experiencing immediately upon updating firmware to 2.7.0, as detailed in this this thread.

Jason had previously noted that there have been a few other reports of these, though not all tied to 2.7.0. I understand that we’re waiting on comments from Qolsys on these. By any chance, have you recently performed a firmware upgrade to 2.7.0…?

@tzest yes I did just update to 2.7.0 thank goodness someone else is having this issue I was about to go crazy lol

There is no input voltage test on my iq panel 2+. If this is a firmware issue is it safe to downgrade using the same method to upgrade over wifi

Downgrading firmware is not supported. We have reported this issue to Qolsys and it should be resolved in a future release.

Having this issue as well on an IQPanel2 plus panel running 2.7.0 after a legitimate power outage. Reset the panel, powered down the panel, unplugged the power supply and battery. Waited about 10 minutes, plugged everything back in and still seeing the AC Power Failure alert on Alarm.com. No errors or messages on the panel, although I did notice it is saying 100% charging all the time.x

What I did to get it finally fixed is I powered down and unplugged it for roughly 2 days (I was moving) and surprisingly when I powered it back up I got the restoral and the error went away!

Thanks for the follow up. That is interesting, and I just tried running all the various commands that ADC would send after a communication restoral on an account where this issue is still occurring and it did not resolve the issue. It does seem like there is an internal panel process causing this status inconsistency.

If you can, @gadget0104 maybe try a shorter power off. Power down for a couple hours, then does the status resolve after power up?

Very interesting because I was affected by this same false failure indication since updating to 2.7.0. I had previously rebooted and powered down and then powered up the panel, but without any changes.

As coincidence would have it, I lost power for several hours today. While power was down, I decided to shut down and power the panel back up. Of course, it still reported a power failure after coming back up (as I was still without power). However, as soon as power was restored, the false failure indication went away.

However, as soon as power was restored, the false failure indication went away.

Thank you for confirmation.

Lucky me it is back after restart of the panel in an attempt to solve a problem with a zwave device. Hopefully Qolsys will have a software patch soon

Interestingly, i simulated a poweroutage by unplugging the panel and restarted then plugged the unit back in like the other user said and it corrected itself. very intersting

Yes, based on the reports it seems the panel is in some cases inconsistent in its restoral of power conditions. We are updating Qolsys with examples and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

It does not functionally affect the panel, but it makes the AC power status untrustworthy in ADC.

This is still an issue with v2.7.1. Recently updated the panel to v2.7.1. Had to do a panel reboot to resolve the panel display not turning off on my timer/schedule. The panel reboot caused the power failure in ADC that would not clear.

To resolve, I pulled the power supply (did not disconnect battery). Then waited for the panel to show a power loss message. To note, I did not get an ADC message on this loss of power. Probably due to ADC still seeing a power loss. Waited 10 minutes, then restored power to the panel. The power restore registered with ADC and all is good.

This behavior looks like it has been addressed in the newest version, 2.7.2

See firmware details here: