Moving from alert360

Hi,

I am currently having 2gig GC2 with 3G panel which is working fine with alarm.com. No contract.

1. What is my steps to move to Surety?
  2. When I call Alarm360 they not able to connect my Lenox iComfort S30 to my account with out any explanation but according alarm.com it’s compatible. Will you if I move able to connect it?

Thanks for any help.

The link above describes how to get started with an existing GC2. If you have a 3G module you will need to replace it with a 4G LTE module. Alarm.com no longer allows new account activation with 3G modules. 3G modules will cease to function at all in 2022.

Lennox iComfort is available per special request. It is not currently supported in our System Manager to allow enabling/disabling at any time, but we can manually enable it for you. Just send a message to us after getting started.

Thanks for your reply Jason. If I will go with Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ route, how hard it will be to move all my existing hardware from 2GIG panel?

1. 7 door/window sensors
  2. 4 z-wave light switches
  3. 2 motion sensors
  4. 2gig garage door opener
  5. 3 key fobs

Thanks again for your help.

Not hard at all, would just require a bit of programming, but the IQ Panel sensor programming is straightforward and easy. The existing sensors can be used with the 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 2+ found here.

If you have a TS1 or 2GIG Image sensor, those would not be compatible.

For the Z-wave light switches you’ll just need to perform a Clear Device function on them first to remove their parent network data before learning them into the new panel. The alarm sensors can just be learned in, no need to remove them from the old system.

Just placed the order for Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ (2GIG & Honeywell 345MHz), can’t wait to receive it :grinning:

Just let us know if you have any questions!