motion sensor false alarm

Hi, any updates on this annoying issue? Thank you.

Sadly, there has been no additional info on this yet, and no firmware versions since 3.2.5. I just sent another email over to 2GIG.

I’ve been notified that version 3.2.6 should contain a fix for this.

I have no ETA for that version release yet.

Now that everyone is back out in society and leaving houses, alarms are being set and still falsely alarmed when coming home trying to reach the keypad. Sounds like 2Gig once again with empty promises as it’s been 11 months since the last post and still not firmware upgrade to fix the problem.

Unfortunately that is the case.

After a long period with no additional update, 2GIG discontinued the GC3 without releasing additional firmware. Based on what info I have received, it looks like there will never be a fix for this issue on the GC3.

The firmware update was in development, as confirmed by the team lead over there, so, while I cannot say for sure what all happened, it suggests that this was possibly Nortek just shutting it down to focus on the Edge.

I have pointed to this scenario as a significant contributor to why we do not currently sell the new 2GIG Edge panel.

I noticed your site has a new release listed as of March, 2022 for version 3.2.6. Does this resolve this issue of the motion sensing bug? I’m on 3.2.4. Do I need to go to 3.2.5 before going to 3.2.6?

Thanks

I don’t believe it ended up having an effect based on reports. We also received a report that the behavior was introduced on the Edge panel.

If you see improvement however please let us know!

You do not need to upgrade incrementally.