Migrating Vivint to Surety

I have a Vivint SkyControl which I understand to not be compatible with Surety, so I would need to purchase a panel, however, I do have the following that I want to see what/if anything I can still use.

We would like to continue to have the monthly monitoring service as well as some smart home capabilities. Bonus if it works with Alexa :). Thanks!

2gig DW10 Window Contact
V520IR Camera (fixed)
V620PT Camera (pan&tilt)
SmartLock 9910 Door Lock
CT100 Smart Thermostat
DW21 Recessed Door Sensor
SMK001 Smoke Detector
Carbon Monoxide Detector
V-DBC2 Doorbell Camera

Hey there! This FAQ describes what can be typically reused if coming from a Vivint Sky panel. Unfortunately it’s not much.

If your door sensors are DW10, not DW11, they should work fine with a 345 Mhz IQ Panel 2+, available here.

The V520IR and V620PT are Alarm.com model cameras. It sounds like those were likely installed a while ago when they still used ADC for the back-end software.

If those cameras are no longer associated with an account they could be reused, but based on all experience of our other users, the old accounts are generally not closed and the cameras are left tied to an Alarm.com account unless you can go in and manually delete them. If you have access to the account still, login and visit the Video Settings area and video device info. Delete those cameras from the account if you want to use them on a new account.

Kwikset door locks can be reused, but must be cleared using the Sky Panel first.

The CT100 cannot be reused with Alarm.com as it has been discontinued for new accounts as of a couple years ago.

The DW21, SMK001, likely the carbon, and the Doorbell will not be compatible and would need replaced. The DW21 for example is a proprietary variant of the DW20R.

Alarm.com service does in fact integrate with Alexa, more so than Google Home, with more voice control options.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I just cancelled with Vivint, so I still have access to my panel while I wait out the 30 days. I will un-associate them from the SkyPanel and ensure they are removed online as well.

The Pan/Tilt cameras are not currently set up as they were not compatible with SkyPanel, so they should be disassociated. I will make sure all cameras/doors are disassociated before I lose access.

I added most of the window/door sensors myself and got them off of Amazon, so I am confident on those.

Eventually, I will replace all of the cameras with newer ones, but want to get what’s not compatible and then work on the rest.

Do you know if I can reuse the holes from the DW21 and put in a PowerG Recessed Sensor?

It sounds like I will need the following to start out:
Control Panel
Carbon Monoxide Detector
Smoke Detector
Door Sensors
Doorbell
Thermostat

Then over time I can replace the cameras and add more goodies in.

So any camera that currently connects to the Sky Panel will not be compatible with Alarm.com, it is using a different back-end service. I don’t think any Sky Panel ever used ADC so the camera wouldn’t have compatible firmware.

The older ADC cams that weren’t compatible with the Sky Panel would likely be able to be set up fine though, they would be standard ADC models from when Vivint used the Go!Control panel.

Yes, you should be able to use the same holes for the PowerG recessed sensor. The PowerG sensor instructions call for a 3/4 inch drill bit, and the DW20 (assume the DW21 has the same dimensions) actually calls for a slightly smaller bit, so if anything it should just need expanded slightly.

1 Like

Got it! I will add a couple cameras to my order then. Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.