Liftmaster delays?

I had sent a status check command and the system immediately updated with the open status.

It is not definitively a problem, although it is an unnecessary step and an additional failure point to use the 828LM gateway. The 8365W overhead has built in wifi and would act as its own Gateway using the serial number found on its label.

I would be curious if you see any different result if we used the built in Gateway rather than the 828LM.

Would you be able to test that? If so we can delete the 828LM and provide a link to add the wifi overhead as its own Gateway.

Yea @jwcsurety I can test. I had no idea I could connect opener directly without gateway. Please send instructions on what I need to do

Let me know when you are ready for me to delete the garage and I will delete the current Gateway and door.

Then make sure your overhead is connected to Wifi and then visit this link to add the new gateway. Use the MyQ Serial Number off of the overhead label and your garage door should automatically populate once the gateway is connected.

Ok. Thanks. I won’t be home till 2p or so. After you delete the current devices, Do I connect the opener through the MyQ app to my home WiFi?

Hey Jason, its happening again. History doesnt even show the door opened when I left. Alarm.com shows open right now but it didnt get the close.

No, the Opener must not be registered to a MyQ account, it can only be registered to one account at a time (either through MyQ or ADC.)

Visit this page for detailed instructions on adding a Wifi overhead.

@jwcsurety Gotcha. Sounds good. Please go ahead and delete the items on your end and when I get home I will get the opener connected to WiFi and proceed. Thanks!

@Jake947 What model number of overhead opener do you have? How far is the 828LM from the garage devices? Sometimes ISPs will leave the modem/router in the basement, is that 828LM plugged into a router in a basement?

@cpd5215 I sent commands to delete that MyQ gateway. You can use the link here to add the new one.

@jwcsurety Thx. I see the MyQ gateway is deleted from the app. When I get home I will connect the opener to my home WiFi and then follow the instructions you provided and report back. Thanks.

@jwcsurety Set up was a breeze and it works like a champ. Thanks again for all your help

Thanks for confirming! Let me know if you notice any continued problems now that it is using the overhead wifi gateway. This will avoid potential issues syncing between the 828 and overhead.

1 Like

If I were to draw a straight line from the opener to the gateway it would be maybe 12 feet. Theres something going on with alarm.com and liftmaster. It cant be the gateway. The app showed opened the first time today, but it did not show in the activity log. I just checked again, hours apart I have opens multiple times but no closes. I have left and come back 3 or 4 times and the first close of the day is the last time I came home and did something in the garage before closing the door.

@jwcsurety Well, I spoke to soon…About thirty minutes ago after I told you it was working…i opened the door via the app, then closed it via the app and the app and Qolsys updated fairly quickly showing the correct status of the door each time. I just opened the door via the wall control, the app and qolsys did show open. I closed it shortly thereafter with the wall control and both app and qolsys still show open…Its been a good ten minutes…Im starting to agree with other poster… For reference, I had my previous configuration of opener and separate gateway hardwired for a few years and it was solid… Only very recently have I been experiencing this issue…Thoughts???

I closed it shortly thereafter with the wall control and both app and qolsys still show open…Its been a good ten minutes…

Thank you, it helps to identify a potential pattern on multiple accounts I can bring to ADC.

I noticed on your account last time that on the dealer site your door was in a status of “opening” as though ADC was expecting a further confirmation from the gateway which wasn’t received or processed.

It’s entirely likely there’s a bug in there somewhere. I’ll reach back out to ADC, I believe we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps needed. Do you recall when you first noticed this kind of activity? Ballpark.

Ive done a bit more testing and can confirm, anytime i open/close the garage door via the wall control, the status change is not updated on the IQ panel nor the app. However when I open/close the door via the app or the IQ panel, the status is updated correctly on the panel and the app almost instantly.

I would say I have been experiencing this issue for a week or so.

Thanks for further testing, that’ll help. It’s not necessarily an issue for the app not to update immediately from local fob/button activity, however refreshing the app should pull the accurate status. If it does not, that means the data isn’t reaching or being processed by ADC.

@Jake947 Can you confirm if yours updates appropriately when controlling from the panel or ADC app as well?

It works via the app, wall, and remote at this time. I tried open/close with each method with the door open for roughly 30 seconds. App updated with all 3. The first alert I have from my open longer than 5 minutes rule was march 29th. somedays it good some it fails. This is the first issue Ive had since I hooked it up years ago.

And I agree my set up has been very stable for a few years and only recently has sporadic problems

@jwcsurety Just FYI the issue continues today. The majority of the time it occurs when the garage door gets closed via the wall panel or car remote and the panel or app never updates. It still shows the door is open although the tilt sensor I have installed on the door itself is functioning as it should.