Kwikset 888 with 2gig Go Control2

I have added two Kwikset 888 and neither one seems to be working correctly. I cannot control either from the panel , app , or website. The read back on the app and website also do not seem to sync. i have added and removed them 3 times from the panel. I’m sure I’ve missed a step somewhere but I’m not sure where

How far are they from the 2GIG panel? If it’s more than about 30 ft from the control panel or one of your lights/switches then it may be a communication issue. Locks are battery powered and don’t transmit with as much power as wall powered devices like lights.

Also, if the locks need to communicate through a repeater (like a light) then you need to “rediscover” the network after all the devices have been put in their final locations.

One of them is right next to the panel the other is about 15’ away

I’m seeing good link quality for your locks on our end. Here are the steps from the knowledge base… Can you try these?

Lock devices must complete a secure enrollment process during addition, which can take up to a minute to complete while the lock is within 6 feet from the panel. If this process is interrupted before completing, the lock does not function properly. A warning message displays on Alarm.com that secure enrollment is not complete.

If a lock fails to complete secure enrollment:
  1. Verify that the lock is using high-quality alkaline batteries with a strong charge.
  2. Verify the lock and the panel/module are not being sent commands during the first 2 to 5 minutes after enrolling the lock to the Z-Wave network. If the devices were used during that time, remove and re-enroll the lock.
  3. Eliminate the possibility of Z-Wave communication issues. For best results, the lock needs to be within six feet of the panel/module when enrolling it.
  4. Power cycle the security panel, then attempt secure enrollment again.
  5. If working with a Kwikset or Yale lock, try re-seating the Z-Wave chip.
  6. If the preceding steps did not resolve the behavior, factory reset the lock, then remove and re-enroll it.
  7. If the preceding step did not resolve the behavior, replace the lock or its Z-Wave chip.

i have done all of that now. i even put tape over the motion sensor just in case so there was no input to the panel from any other sensors. i also have only added 1 lock back in. still no luck

Just to clarify: alarm motion sensors would not have any impact on the learning process for a Z-wave device like a lock.

The alarm sensors do not use Z-wave for communication.

According to the ADC Ecosystem page, only the Z-wave Plus version of the Kwikset 888 is officially supported. Can you confirm whether the locks you have use legacy Z-wave or Z-wave Plus?

Not sure how to check that?

There would typically be a sticker/printed image on the product and/or packaging that looks like this:

plus

Another possibility, do you have any other Z-wave controllers on the network or do you just use the alarm panel? I ask because some controllers may not share security info properly between the primary and secondary controller.

I just use the go control 2 nothing else

Does your GC2 panel have the words Home and Emergency Spelled out under the face buttons or does it just have symbols?

Just the symbols

That indicates the newer build of the GC2, which is good. Firmware appears to be recent as well.

The panel needs to be within 6 ft of the lock during the pairing process. Additionally, the panel needs to remain near the lock for at least 5 minutes after the lock has been learned into the panel to complete secure enrollment.

This is to ensure that secure enrollment succeeds. Without this crucial step the lock pairing will be unsuccessful.

To confirm, I would remove the locks from the network and re-add, one at a time. Leave the lock after pairing near the lock for 5 minutes. Then with the locks learned in and all devices back in their installation points, run a network rediscovery.

I will do this again as soon as I get home. Thanks for your help I’ll follow up good it bad

Ok I deleted both deadbolts removed them from the door and placed them 1 at a time 12" away from the panel. I re-added them 1 at a time with about 15 min in between each add. still no change App shows Secure connection not established contact support

Sorry this is turning into a difficult problem.

As Nick & Jason mentioned above, only Z-Wave plus versions of the Kwikset 888 are compatible. Can you verify these locks are Z-Wave plus? If you still have the boxes they came in it should have the Z-Wave Plus logo, not just the Z-Wave logo.

Another way to check is to look at revision number on the Z-Wave chip in the lock. When you’re facing the lock, pull out the battery slide so you can see the reset buttons. On the top there is a little black ledge you can remove. Pull that out and you should see the blue Z-Wave chip. On the chip there is a sticker with a revision number. What’s the revision number?

It’s definitely z wave plus here is the board

The revision number on the sticker is blurry in the pic. What revision is it? I think it’s compatible but since we’re running out of options I’d like to have any detail I can get.

Hopefully better

Thanks. Anything above 3.33 should work so 4.47 should be fine.

Just to confirm, in the troubleshooting steps I listed above you did factory reset the locks before re-enrolling them?

Yes they have been factory reset a few times at this point