Kwikset 888 with 2gig Go Control2

Not giving up but for today I’m stumped. I’m enlisting some help from Alarm.com and will follow up when we have something.

I’d say it’s a defective lock but since you have 2 that seems unlikely.

I appreciate the assistance and I’m more that willing to exchange at Lowe’s

The last thing Alarm.com is recommending (and would be the last thing I would try before trying a new lock) would be to reset the 2GIG Z-wave controller.

This would make it so you would need to relearn in the other Z-wave devices on your system (looks like there are 4 others currently) so you would want to use the remove device then add device functions after the reset on each Z-wave device.

To perform the reset: go to Services > Z-wave > Wrench Icon > Installer Code > Advanced Toolbox > Reset Controller.

Any luck after the reset?

Finally tried this still no luck might go buy new deadbolts again. is there a better model?

In general I always strongly recommend using a model with 10 buttons instead of 5.

They may print two numbers on each button, but that doesn’t mean anything, it is using a code made up of 5 different options.

This ends up being a huge difference in the possible number of combinations.

A four digit code with 5 possible buttons is 625 total combinations.

With 10 buttons it becomes 10,000 combinations.

Most lock models use 10 buttons (or a touchscreen with ten numbers). The Kwikset 914 is a similar push-button option with ten digits.