Just Installed an Aeon Energy Meter G2

Just installed one myself. Have a couple questions.

Is there an interface on the ADC site after logging into one’s account or iOS apps, or is it only available on the 2gig panel? I see nothing at ADC or on my apps.

Why does the ADC site show and the Alarm.com app push a ‘low battery’ alert for the meter when I have it plugged into an outlet? Should I also put batteries in this thing?

Thanks.

Is there an interface on the ADC site

Yes.

You have to have it added to your plan (smart energy addon $2/month)

‘low battery’ alert for the meter when I have it plugged into an outlet? Should I also put batteries in this thing

Might be a good idea if it takes them.

Thanks riven…

Shot off an email to customer service to add the option.

Ok, everything seems to be getting reported ok to the panel and apps. I can view what I’m supposed to.

I’m wondering why I am still getting critical low battery alerts from the device after putting 4 new AA batteries in it. It’s plugged into AC too.

I installed the meter this last Saturday. That night at 2256 I got the first ‘critical battery alert’. Sunday, I received the same alert @ 2325, then yesterday (Monday) @ 2354.

The alerts seem to be around the same time every night. What would cause this?

Could it be caused by discovering it while it was plugged into AC only? I didn’t put the batteries in until Sunday morning.

It likely has to do with the version of your device. See this thread. Instructions on the update are located there.

Updated the firmware, re-added to the network. Thanks for the info Jason.

Of course. Let us know if that doesn’t resolve it, but sounds like the same issue.