Energy meter low battery alarm

Every night adc decides that I need to know about the low battery on my gen 1 aeon power meter, thing is it’s plugged in with the power adapter. Light on the front is red and I am getting realtime data. I have put batteries in it as well but the message has not gone away. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch in the system or what. But the texts are starting to get annoying. Odd thing is I have a window contact with a low batt that it only tells me about when I reboot the system.

Any ideas are their firmware upgrades for these devices at all? I noticed it came with a small usb cable as well.

I don’t have batteries in mine and I never get low battery warnings from Alarm.com about it. It looks like yours and mine both have the same 5.02.03 Z-Wave firmware. Did you have batteries in it when you added it to the 2GIG Z-Wave network? If so, try deleting it and re-adding it without batteries.

The security sensor low battery warnings are handled differently than the Z-Wave low battery warnings so I’m not surprised that they’re inconsistent. Security sensor low battery warnings are governed by 2GIG’s Q46 (trouble doesn’t sound at night) and Q47 (troubles resound after holdoff) in System Configuration whereas I think the Z-Wave low battery messages are just passed through to Alarm.com and then to you.

Just tried that seems it still reported a low battery. I will reach out to aeon labs and see if they know whats going on. Maybe the hardware is bad. Thanks for the info about the sensors, I will let you know what aeon labs says.

If you have learned it in on AC, can you put batteries in and update us here when you do? I would like to see if we can forcefully update status and see if the low battery alert will be removed.

I have four of those meters. Initially I had them on batteries and I never got the low battery warning, but once I plugged them in, all four have a low battery warning…I think is a firmware issue.

Let us know about Aeon Labs…

Thanks,

Aeon support just got back with me, told me to update firmware to 3.67 which I have attached.

I am assuming that you have a US HEM G1, if it is running an earlier firmware version, then it will give you a low battery alarm. You can update the firmware to V3.67 to solve this issue.

Plug your HEM G1 into your Windows PC, then change the .ex_ extension to .exe in order to run it. Update the firmware, and it should indicate when it is complete, then you can close it.

After updating, i suggest that you re-include it back into your 2gig panel.

I have the 1E version or the first gen of the US 2 Phase 200 Amp meter, so this file is for that version only. Contact aeon support if you need another file as the versions on their site are a bit older.

So far so good, when it re-included it did not trigger the low battery, I will update here in a day or two if it worked or not.

Just as a heads up, removing a power meter and adding it back in removes all history on alarm.com the history on the panel stays though.

Well I tried to upload it but it will not take it as its an exe, tried renaming but no luck hopefully an admin can tell me how to upload the file that would work.

I guess I’ve never put a battery in a home energy meter before. How big is the exe file? The attachment size limit is 2MB. If your file smaller than that you can zip it up and attach it as a zip file. Plain exe files aren’t allowed due to security.

Its about 300k in size, trying this upload again. So far no alerts about battery.

Home-Energy-Meter-V3_67-US-2_phase-20120210.ex_.zip (317 KB)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, those are the same meters I am using…I wonder what other issues are corrected with the new firmware. Now, about loosing the history because of a firmware update…ugh…I wish ADC would not do that. They could still leave the old values attached to a “not connected” meter.
I hope they improve this in the future.

Actually it looks like a data transfer option has been included so that recently deleted devices can have their data applied to a new device (the re-added meter). Let me know if you want to give it a shot and see if we can restore the historic values.

That would be great…I know the data I have is a little bit inaccurate (with the devices been on battery for so long) but lets give it a try. Thanks

Jason,

If you want to give it a shot on my account I will let everyone know how it worked out.

So far so good, no battery alerts. I usually got it soon after adding it to the network.

I have sent the transfer. Can you log out and log back into Alarm.com and check historical data?

I am having issues with the new firmware…is telling me that I am consuming 1142917 W and that is not possible. another meter is giving me consumption when nothing is connected…and the Solar is not not showing any values (and it should). Going the remove and ad again and see if it behaves better.

Jason,

It looks good, all the data is there again.

Felipe,

I have noticed the wattage is a bit higher ~100 watts. Its possible they adjusted the algorithm used with the clamps. Since the first edition can’t calculate the actual voltage since it runs of the USB port. I would assume they adjusted the average voltage to a more accurate set of values.

I did remove them and re add them to the 2gig panel. I noticed the values were stuck until I did that.

Thanks, yes I experienced the stuck values also…what worked for me was to remove all of them and then add them (before I was going one by one)

Well its been two days and it looks good no low battery alarms. I think the firmware fixed it.