Issue with Motion Notifications and SkyBell

Thank you for reporting and confirming. This was expected given our conversations with Alarm.com, as they implement Skybell HD manufacturer firmware with some back-end tweaks afaik. The issue should be present through any back-end service.

The good news is that the firmware resolution will be available soon.

Update: a test firmware version is available now to attempt to resolve this issue. If you are experiencing motion detection recording schedule excessive recordings and wish to have this version applied to your Skybell HD, please confirm either here or in email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

(NOTE: You must be a suretyDIY user. If you do not use your Skybell via Alarm.com service through suretyDIY, we cannot affect your device.)

I would, thank you.

That is excellent news indeed! Yes, please include me in the firmware tests.

Thanks much!

I would, thank you.
Yes, please include me in the firmware tests.

Thanks, we’ve informed Alarm.com and will confirm here when the update takes place.

That is excellent news indeed! Yes, please include me in the firmware tests.

Note that it does not appear that a Skybell HD is connected to your Alarm.com service. We cannot apply the update if it is not connected to your account. It looks like this was tested through Skybell’s native app, correct? Let us know when you get it back on ADC.

Hi Jason, I’ve added the skybell back to my ADC account.
Please push the new test firmware as soon as possible, looking forward to testing it.

Thanks much

I’ve added the skybell back to my ADC account. Please push the new test firmware as soon as possible, looking forward to testing it.

We’ve requested the firmware be sent. We will confirm when it is complete.

I would, thank you.

Firmware has been applied. Let us know how it functions for you.

Hello,
Just curious if you guys could please push the new firmware to my SkybellHD? I thought I saw FW1148 available in my ADC dashboard, tried applying the update, but then upon refresh it shows 1141 still, and no more “Update Firmware” link.

Just curious if you guys could please push the new firmware to my SkybellHD? I thought I saw FW1148 available in my ADC dashboard, tried applying the update, but then upon refresh it shows 1141 still, and no more “Update Firmware” link.

1148 was applied recently. It looks like it had completed, but it is a test version that must be sent by ADC. If you pressed Update firmware you would overwrite with 1141.

We will request ADC resend. Please do not use the update firmware button in video devices settings at this time.

Hello, Just curious if you guys could please push the new firmware to my SkybellHD? I thought I saw FW1148 available in my ADC dashboard, tried applying the update, but then upon refresh it shows 1141 still, and no more “Update Firmware” link.

This was sent and is updated now. Let us know how it functions for you.

Thanks for applying the new firmware. I’m not sure if that addressed my issue or not.

It looks like my Skybell recorded about 150 clips since last night when there was no real motion at the door. However, there was some wind moving some branches in a tree in my front yard, and my sensitivity was set to High. I’ve lowered it to Medium and will see how it responds from now on.

Can you please push this to my doorbell? I’ve had the same issues. Also is there anything that can be adjusted for the quota? It records nonsense and then 2 weeks into a month it’s full.

Can you please push this to my doorbell? I’ve had the same issues. Also is there anything that can be adjusted for the quota? It records nonsense and then 2 weeks into a month it’s full.

We’ve had Alarm.com push this firmware to your cam. Let us know how it works for you! The quota cannot be altered at this point. It was recommended to remove motion schedules if you were seeing this previously. The firmware should address the clip frequency.

Note that alarm-generated uploads always go through, regardless of quota, and monthly limits reset the 1st of each month.

Hello, I am having this issue with my Skybell HD. It constantly records clips. Can you push this update to mine also?

Thank you

Hello, I am having this issue with my Skybell HD. It constantly records clips. Can you push this update to mine also?

We have pushed that firmware per your request. Please let us know your results.

Seems to be functioning appropriately now. Thank you!

Since having the updated firmware pushed to my SkybellHD the unit has been functioning as intended, designed, and flawlessly.
My motion is set to medium, I get good coverage without having man (if any) false-positives. Whereas prior I was getting 100’s of recordings with little to zero motion detected.

Just wanted to say thank you! The update worked perfect. I can still get motion notices (a lot of our delivery carriers won’t ring the bell if they see the camera) and not have 100s of extra clips.

Thank you for following up! Glad to hear success!