is there a way to get my alarm.com /watchlight bill down?

$500 for the year with the empower package is killing me. Can I do a VERA or something like that that uses internet or something?

thanks
Shawn P

is there a way to get my alarm.com /watchlight bill down?

Yes. suretyDIY’s pricing is shown here.

Thanks for for the link:-)

1)Ok one more question before I happily make the switch. I currently have a unlocked 2g aTT card. Do I need to purchase a AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator (2GIG-GC3GA-A) as well, I would rather not and just buy the goBridge from you as well as the gold package.

1. I have 20 sensors does the gold package include them? Or is it the 10 sensors?
  1. No, you would need a 3G module. Alarm.com accounts require cellular communication as the primary method, and as of early 2015, all new Alarm.com accounts must use 3G communication modules due to the 2G GSM sunset. Keep in mind the HSPA Module will require 2GIG firmware 1.9.6 or later. When coming from an existing 2GIG system, this page will go over everything you would need in order to switch.

2. The 10 Activity Monitoring Sensors listed refers specifically to Activity Monitoring. See this page for a description of Activity Monitoring vs Security Monitoring.

In a nutshell, all sensors are monitored for alarms based on how they are programmed at the panel. Activity monitoring goes beyond that to let you set up notifications to monitor sensor activity when the system is disarmed.

Thanks Jason and Amanda, if I’m on version 1.13 on the 2gig main panel do I need to do anything else on the new HSPA Att module I would buy fro you guys to get it on FW 1.9.6 ?

Edit: I’ll check the radio status and make sure. But since I installed the system myself I’m not locked into any contracts

Version 1.13 is a more recent version and would accommodate any current module (ATT or VZ)

I currently have a unlocked 2g aTT card. Do I need to purchase a AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator (2GIG-GC3GA-A) as well

that 2G module is dead by end of year.

http://www.business.att.com/content/other/2G_Sunset_FAQs_2014_A1.pdf

ok im ready to check out now. My watchlight.com contract is set to renew 2/1/2016 If I order the needed 2GIG Alarm.com AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator (2GIG-GC3GA-A) and the DIY Alarm.com Gold Interactive package today (standard shipping) will it reach me in time ? I dont want to have all my 20+ sensors deleted by alarm.com, Or will alarm.com retain my sensor for a bit if I dont get my package by the 1st? Im still on the old 2g ATT card as we know.

thanks

Sensors would not be deleted locally at the panel. You panel sensor programming would remain as it is.

You would have a brand new Alarm.com account however. Any existing account with another provider would not transfer nor impact your new account. This means Alarm.com rules and notifications based off your local programming would need recreated.

All parts ship from Columbus Ohio. We cannot say definitively what a carrier will do once a package has been shipped of course. Orders are typically processed in one business day. I should think you would have no issue getting it before the 1st.

thanks recreating rules ect… is easy. I redid all of them last week as a matter of fact. No big deal. thanks Jason im ordering now. thanks for the fast reply. Please ignore my email subject “quick question”

Do you guys provide me with a new alarm.com user and password once I complete my order? then once I get my new AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator in the mail I can then setup a new alarm.com account?

Do you guys provide me with a new alarm.com user and password once I complete my order? then once I get my new AT&T 3G HSPA Communicator in the mail I can then setup a new alarm.com account?

You can order service with the equipment, in which case you will be ready to plug and play when it arrives. Your account will be created when the order is processed and log in information and next steps will be included, along with tracking information, in your welcome email.

If you choose to wait to order service until after your get the equipment, your welcome email with log in information will be sent once that service order is processed.

hi Amanda, I went ahead and ordered the the equipment and the service too. Can I wait to activate it when the equipment arrives to prevent a service interruption right? I just dont want to mess this up.

You can order service with the equipment, in which case you will be ready to plug and play when it arrives.

If you order service with the module, the account would be processed with shipment and your suretyDIY Alarm.com account would be ready for you to connect to it when you install your new module.

Your existing Alarm.com account would not in any way be affected by a new account. They are completely separate accounts. The existing one would no longer be used when you swap out the module and connect to our service.

Also you should note that most dealers that have auto contract renewals, will require you to cancel in writing 30 days prior to renewal date.

And you should also keep an eye on your statements to verify that they are not still charging you come next month, or otherwise inform your bank to revoke ACH transactions so they are no longer authorized to automatically pull funds out of a checking account or CC.

thanks to both of you. Riven Yes if I don’t cancel by 2/1/2016 I get auto renewed , thanks for the heads up once again :wink: great forum support here. i will recommend ans install for many family member soon and buy here.

I guess the mailman could not deliver yesterday. My mailbox was not blocked :frowning: we did have a blizzard though. I thought the mail man came no matter what… lol

there was also no notice left. Ohh well.

Untitled.jpg

thanks everyone. Im up an running with my new 3G AT&T module. My signal strength went down from 19/31 with the 2g model to 12/31 with the 3G but I dont think its a problem. Im using the internal antenna in the CP1 same one that was used with the 2G module.

this is great I just saved 150$ a year and have a great support forum!

Don’t use the wrong antenna. That is why signal is probably low. Use the correct in the wall antenna that should have come with the 3G module.

12/31 is not good BTW , and when your panel starts having intermittent communication failures, or fails you in an emergency or alarm event you will no one to blame but yourself.

ok ill try switching it again. Can it be routed within the panel like the one that came in the CP1? It seems to be routed right down the side within the CP1