IRQ4 invalid tamper code message and alarm

After several days of moving all my sensors and Z wave units from my GC3 over to IQ4 345MHz.

I placed the unit on the wall it set off the tamper alarm. I could not turn off the tamper alarm it gave me an invalid user code message. I used both 1111 and 2222 without success. I never reset the codes during set up.

If you check my account you can see that I tried to reboot the system through the website without success and had to pull the power and battery to turn off the siren.

If I re power the IQ4 after 20 minutes it goes back to alarm and siren?
Any suggestions?

Try 1234

Admin code 1234 also did not work.

To turn off the alarm signal I went to ADC via the website (not the APP) logged in and my ADC web page gave me the opportunity to turn the alarm off.

I went back to IQ4 and plugged-in the battery and connected the power and it rebooted back to the main screen now without an alarm siren.

I then went to Settings/Administrative Setting/ put in dealer code 2222/ installations /security and Arming/ Check the “Allow Master Code to Access Security’s Arming”.

Then go back to home screen/setting/advanced setting/2222 dealer code/User Management/ Set Admin to personal access code and SAVE.

Now if the tamper and/or sensor alarm is tripped your Admin code will turn it off at the IQ4 panel.

I think if I had used the IQ4 Installation Wizard instead of taking 3 days and adding more than 50+ sensors and smart home devices via the Dealer Code/add feature it might have been forced me to set my Admin code earlier.

Just a FYI……….

By default, the codes for all Qolsys IQ Panel 4s (and 2s) are as follows:

Dealer: 2222
Installer: 1111
Master User: 1234

Of those codes, only the Master User can be used to arm/disarm the system.

I then went to Settings/Administrative Setting/ put in dealer code 2222/ installations /security and Arming/ Check the “Allow Master Code to Access Security’s Arming”.

To clarify, this allows the Master User code to access the Security and Arming section of programming under the Installation section. By default, only the Installer and Dealer codes can access this section of programming.

Troubleshooting on how to resolve a panel tamper for the IQ Panel 4 can be found in the below guide: