I’m powering up my IQPenal4 for the first time, and I can’t seem to get the screen to power up. The panel’s charged for days. The lights in front turn on just fine (and are green), but when I hold down the power… nothing. The screen is always dead black.
It looks like this is related to a warranty claim that was submitted not too long ago.
- Has the panel worked previously?
- The panel includes a 7V power supply, is this in use?
- What about the included cable?
- If the included cable is not being used, how long is the custom wire run and what gauge of wire is it?
Have you attempted any troubleshooting? Try power cycling the panel. To do so:
To begin troubleshooting:
- Unplug the Power Supply from the wall
- Open the panel and disconnect the internal battery
- Leave the panel completely off for at least 2 minutes
- During this time, check to make sure the wiring is correct at the power supply and the panel.
- After about 10 minutes of the panel being completely off, plug in the battery and power supply
- Boot up via the button on the side, hold it down for about 10 seconds.
Does the panel boot up, do you see any logos on the screen or does it remain black?
- Has the panel worked previously? No
- The panel includes a 7V power supply, is this in use? yes.
- What about the included cable?
- If the included cable is not being used, how long is the custom wire run and what gauge of wire is it? I’ve used the included power supply.
Have you attempted any troubleshooting?
I’ve tried to reset it (hold power for 30 seconds)
Alarm.com also seems to recognize it.
Trying your instructions now.
Followed this, the screen remained black. No logos or anything on it.
Thank you for that. Are you able to test voltage with a multimeter? If so, what is the power supply reading?
Have you used more than one power outlet to test?
I do not have a multimeter, but I was able to test it on multiple outlets with the same result.
Its likely that the panel would need to be replaced under warranty based on the information provided. However, if you have not already done so, the very last thing you should try is a Hard Reboot.
A hard reboot is the very last resort when it comes to power issues like this and should never be attempted unless first exhausting all other troubleshooting avenues
To do so, apply power and hold down the side button for 30 seconds, then let go. The panel should reboot.
Please let us know the result either way.
Were you able to attempt the hard reboot? What was the result?
I tried the hard reset, and no change. The lights change from blue to green, but the screen remains black.
Thank you for that information, I have reached out to manufacturer to see if they recomend anything else. If not, then we will start the warranty replacement process. I will follow up as soon as I have additional information.
In this case it looks the panel will need to be replaced.
When it comes to warranty replacement, you have a couple options:
return the defective item, and once the returned item is received by our team we will ship you a replacement, or
if you would like the replacement shipped prior to the defective equipment arriving at Surety you can purchase a replacement via our online store for us to ship out. The total cost of the replacement order, including shipping, will be refunded once the defective equipment has been returned to us
Just let us know which option you would like to go with and we can proceed.
I’ll go with option #2, thank you
Sounds like a plan, you can purchase the panel through the link
Just make a note in the order notes field that its for warranty exchange.
Ive reached out to get the return process started. Ill follow up with additional return information once I have the RMA number
Followed up via private message with the RMA information. Just let us know if you have any questions