IQ4 manual update?

Hi,

I emailed support as well, sorry if this is redundant. I’m heading out of town this weekend so I’m mildly panicking.

My IQ4 was happily running on 4.0.1 since new. For some dumb reason I upgraded to 4.1.1 and the LTE radio stopped working. Next I tried installing Patch-4.2.1rc2.20221003_b2_full_upgrade_zip, but now I have no wifi or LTE.

Based on a search of the forum I tried disconnected the IQ4 from power and unplugged the battery for 20 min. It still fails dual path tests, wifi tests and the LTE reports ‘unknown error’.

Since I can’t downgrade my only option is to try upgrading to 4.3, but I have no wifi. Is there a way to download the update manually?

Jim

There are no manual update options on the IQ Panel 4, updates are wifi only.

I have seen a couple cases where the panel was still able to connect to the Qolsys server for firmware update despite not being able to communicate with Alarm.com via broadband. Have you tried starting the 4.3 update?

If wifi itself is failing though, a factory reset would likely be the next step to try and resolve. The Master Reset option is referenced on page 38 of the manual below:

https://suretyhome.com/wp-content/uploads/IQ-Panel-4-Installation-Manual-4.0.1-210928-FINAL.pdf

I was able to start the 4.2.1 update despite not being able to reach Alarm.com, but now wifi is completely dead. I have tried using my phone as a hotspot. I will try the factory reset.

Thanks

Before I factory reset and lose all my settings, can I try to upgrade to 4.3 using the panel access point? Where would I download the update?

You can try the access point. Here is a link to 4.3.0

Are you actually able to connect to that with the wifi card malfunction?

1 - Go to Settings/Advanced Settings/Upgrade Software then touch “Upgrade Using Access Point”.
2 - Scan the QR Code with your phone camera or manually connect to the Panel AP with the SSID and Password shown on the screen.
3 - Press “Start” to begin the local server session, then from your device scan the second QR code or navigate to the “https” site shown on the Panel screen.
4 - Follow the prompts on your device screen to select the correct files and transfer them to the Panel.

I’m not sure why, but the AP mode seems to work.

Update is installing. I will report back.

FYI - AP mode doesn’t like Firefox so I used Chrome.

Update was successful, but I still have no cellular or wifi. Wifi sees my networks and connects, but fails the tests.

I will wait to do the factory reset until I return from vacation.

Just to close out this thread, I performed a factory reset and that resolved the LTE and wifi issues.

Unfortunately I have to set up everything from scratch again.

Jim

I have exactly the same issue, I had 4.2.1 and it was ok, but I’ve decided to patch to 4.3.0, and while my LTE works ok, my WiFi is not working properly. Even if the panel is connected via WiFi, the WiFi test is failing. I’ve tried 2.4 network, same problem.

P.S. I’ve found the way to fix that and install 4.4.1 - instead of using DHCP in WiFi settings (Advanced settings), I used static IP (which depends on your router setup) and it seems to be working. Looks like the panel cant get IP via DHCP and that what they’ve corrected in 4.4.1. So no need for factory reset.

P.P.S. Successfully updated to 4.4.1 using static IP.

1 Like