IQ Remote Plus Not Connecting to Wifi

I have followed the activation steps. I am using WPA2 AES/CCMP, no MAC filtering. The 2 networks are on different SSID’s

I’m not aware of any specific limitations, but could you send us a private message and let me know if you have any special characters in your network key?

No special characters. The 5GHz key is letters only, 2.4 is letters and numbers. I just did a test and turned off the access point on the main panel. I went into WiFi and it connected just fine. It connected to the 5Ghz SSID. I forced it to 2.4 and it also connected fine. I then went back in and turned on the panel access point. It now shows no WiFi connection and I can’t get it to connect anymore.

Ok, I cannot recreate that. If you are connected to wifi, turning on the access point shouldn’t impact wifi. I am able to do the same here and ping the panel via broadband, and wifi remains connected.

Can you please connect to wifi and try downloading and installing the 2.5.3 firmware update?

Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Firmware Release Information - Product Updates - Surety Support Forum (suretyhome.com)

Any change after?

Ok, I think I finally have this resolved. I tried connecting both panels to my Frontier WiFi and it worked as expected. I then did some trouble shooting with my Ubiquiti network. After I turned off a setting named ‘Enable Advanced Features’ it worked as expected. I’m not sure exactly what was causing the issue. Advanced features include band steering, airtime fairness and RSSI limits. In any event, I don’t think I need any advanced features and it is working as expected.

I was still having an issue where if I turned on the access point on the main panel it would lose the primary WiFi connection. Since I was able to get the remote panel to connect directly to WiFi, I don’t really are about the access point feature. Thank you for all your support. Now on to finish setting up sensors and z-wave devices…

After I turned off a setting named ‘Enable Advanced Features’ it worked as expected.

Thanks for following up and letting us know. That’s a good find. Some routers with more aggressive control settings can cause problems with a fair share of IOT stuff.

Now on to finish setting up sensors and z-wave devices…

Let us know if you have any questions.