IQ Panel 4 upgrade questions

Hey there,

I’ve currently got a Lynx 5100 system on its last legs before the 3g sunset and was looking at possibly switching over to the Qolsys IQ4, but had a couple questions I couldn’t find answers for yet out there.

Do you have any plan on offering the 345mhz version for compatibility with my current 5800 sensors, and if so would it be available before the end of the year?

I had also read that the IQ2/IQ2+ had secondary controller mode removed due to a design flaw. Do you know if this was fixed in the IQ4 and that mode was available again? I’ve got a SmartThings setup with a number of devices that I was hoping to link for simple arm/disarm automations.

Thanks!

Do you have any plan on offering the 345mhz version for compatibility with my current 5800 sensors, and if so would it be available before the end of the year?

We will certainly be offering the 345 Mhz model when it is available, the 319.5 version was the first released, the other models are not yet available for purchase. I do not have a firm date yet but I think our expectation currently is that it should be available before the end of the year, yes.

I had also read that the IQ2/IQ2+ had secondary controller mode removed due to a design flaw. Do you know if this was fixed in the IQ4 and that mode was available again?

Based on my knowledge the additional secondary controller functions were removed due to Z-wave certification no longer requiring it, but there may have been extenuating circumstances I’m unaware of.

In the IQ Panel 4 the Add/Remove Controller option is available when you enable advanced z-wave settings.

Thanks for the answer! I believe the feature needed was a “shift controller” button as add/remove controller means having the iq panel be the primary, so it sounds like it is not coming back.

That is not used in the secondary controller setup instructions here. Same steps on IQ Panel 4

Ah I see, I had thought the Controller Shift button was necessary to do that. But after reading the Qolsys manual, I see that function is just if you wanted it to switch from primary to secondary and not if you are adding it to an existing network. My bad!

So this note on the page doesn’t apply to the new panel then?

“Qolsys no longer supports this type of integration. Panels shipped with firmware 2.4.2+ and 6.81.03+ Z-Wave firmware will be unable to integrate with another Z-Wave hub/controller.”

That was my main concern, that they had discovered it didn’t function properly on the 2/2+ and disabled the functionality. If it’s properly supported again, that’s great!

It does not apply in this case. The option to use the Add/Remove Controller function is back in the IQ Panel 4 when you enable advanced Z-wave functions in the Z-wave settings menu.