IQ Panel 4 and Fire Verification with PG9936

Setting up a new system and trying to determine if I should enable Fire Verification or not.

With it disabled, I’m assuming any heat/smoke that triggers the sensor will immediately notify the central station. Is that correct? When the central station is notified, will they always do a 2-way and/or local premise phone before dispatching? Are there ever any exceptions where they wouldn’t try to contact me first?

With verification enabled, it sounds like it takes either 2 different devices detecting, or the same device twice before notifying the central station. Is that correct?

Some of the forum posts here say that prolonged detection, sometimes 30 and other times 60 seconds without clearing, will count as that “same device twice” option, is that correct? Is that duration dependent on panel and sensor? I don’t see anything in the PG9936 manual that mentions a duration.

My ideal kitchen space location is near the peak in a gable ceiling, which can be sensitive to cooking smoke or heat blasts when opening the oven. It’s about 13’ from the floor to where the sensor would be placed, so not always fanable with a quick result.

I’m assuming any heat/smoke that triggers the sensor will immediately notify the central station. Is that correct?

Correct, one trip will trigger the alarm and send a fire alarm signal to the monitoring station

When the central station is notified, will they always do a 2-way and/or local premise phone before dispatching? Are there ever any exceptions where they wouldn’t try to contact me first?.

BURGLARY & RESIDENTIAL FIRE: Call order as shown on your System Manager professional monitoring page . The contact order will be as follows:

1. Two Way Voice (if enabled)
  2. Premise Number (if provided)
  3. Cell Contact(s)

Police/Fire authorities will be called where indicated in your contact list. This will always be after Two Way Voice and Premise Phone Number (if applicable) but can be at any point before or after cell contacts. Note that in some areas it is required that two contact methods are first attempted. We recommend having at least two numbers called before dispatch.

Monitoring procedures can be found here:

With verification enabled, it sounds like it takes either 2 different devices detecting, or the same device twice before notifying the central station. Is that correct?

Correct. From page 40 of the manual, with Fire Verification enabled, panel requires two fire events from smoke detector (one detector twice or two detectors once each)

Thanks for confirming, Tyler. Any thoughts on this part?

What constitutes “one detector twice”? Does the sensor have to stop detecting and then detect again? Or is it two successive detections within a certain period of time where the smoke alarm never stops sounding? If the latter, how much time do I have to try and clear the sensor before the second detection?

The sensor would need to trip twice. The 30 second activation is a 2GIG specification.

In general, smoke detectors are not recommended for placement in a kitchen. Consider the PG9936H instead, which is a heat detector only.