IQ Panel 4 Alarming based on Zwave Sensors

I have bought a Zwave tilt sensor with the intention of integrating my garage door into my alarm system. But I can not find any information on if you can use a Zwave device similar to a typical sensor when it comes to alarming.

I have the Zwave device linked to the panel and I can see it registering as open/closed but I have not found a way to do anything with this information within the IQ Panel 4 or within Alarms.com.

Is this type of Zwave integration just not possible?

Sensor in question is a TILT-ZWAVE2-ECO which is not explicitly supported by the IQ Panel 4, but I would hope as a user I could still do some type of automation with it.

Z-wave alarm/life safety sensors are not compatible with any Alarm.com alarm panel.

Z-wave is used for automation products, lights, locks, thermostats, etc. Alarm sensors must be compatible with the panel’s sensor RF radio. It looks like you have a 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4, so your panel would be compatible with 345Mhz Honeywell or 2GIG tilt (non-encrypted) or PowerG sensors.

Appreciate the reply and that is what is what I was afraid of.

Any chance that alarms.com includes this functionality in the future?

I would never say never, it all depends on demand, but I don’t think it is a big priority considering it would require multiple panel manufacturers to first add support for Z-wave sensors which have significantly less innate range and require a mesh network of repeaters for reliability.

Z-wave is great for automation products, most of which are repeaters anyway, but sensors often tend to be at the far ends of the home, and direct sensor to panel communication is preferred.