Installer code error

If you are swapping from one panel to another on an active Alarm.com account through Surety, the first thing you will want to do (when you are ready to being using that panel with service) is to associate the new panel with your Alarm.com account.

To do so:

1. Login to your Surety account and select System Manager.
  2. In the appropriate field, enter the new panel’s 15-digit IMEI number.
  3. Run a cell test from the new panel when prompted.

Connect the panel to Wi-Fi after the cell test has been run.

No need to start a new thread. All questions are answered in the order they are received. Starting a new thread is unnecessary unless it is an unrelated issue/topic

All is working now

I was thinking that disabling the reporting delay on the perimeter sensors would result in a quicker response during a break-in. Is my logic correct?

It sounds like you are referring to Dialer Delay correct? This is a global delay period after an alarm is triggered by a sensor on the system and the alarm signal being forwarded to the central station.

We generally recommend lowering Dialer Delay to its lowest setting, which varies from panel to panel… Some panels you can disable the feature entirely, some you cannot.

Dialer Delay settings are located in the Sirens and Alarms section of panel programming Settings → Advanced Settings → Enter Installer Code → Installation → Sirens and Alarms

Can be set between 15-45 seconds by default.

To increase or decrease this value, SIA Limits (in Installer Settings) will need to be disabled. Then you can select between 0 and 254 Seconds for the delay.

Last night all 4 of my motion detectors went offline. it happened with the last panel Ashwell. Why is that happening and what can I do to fix it?

I get it if this was one motion detector but all 4 went offline simultaneously.

What is the brand and model of these Motion Sensor and how old are they?

What about the batteries, when were they last changed?

All 4 are 2Gig PIR1 E-345 all 3 years or less old.

one question, does the “E” indicate e series? I may have programmed as non-e series.

If so, I can change that but how do I reset them?

The 2GIG-PIR1e-345 is an eSeries 345MHz sensor. These are compatible with the 2GIG Edge, GC2e and GC3e only.

Equipment codes for 2GIG sensors related to Edge programming can be found on page 57 of the manual. For a PIR1e, it needs to be set to equipment code 2869 - eSeries PIR with Pet Immunity

Programming is accessed on the Edge by navigating to Settings → Enter Installer Code → Installer Toolbox → Panel Programming → Wireless Zones

How do I do a firmware update on my panel?

I tried to add my doorbell camera USING its mac-address after installing my new panel and I get an error message “Video Device has been installed on a different account”

The Mac address if you need it is (removed)

That MAC wasn’t found when we search in ADC. What model of doorbell camera is that?

Are you trying to add it in the website or in the app?

it’s the one that was connected to the last panel. VDC-VDB770. Trying to add it on the website.

Have your factory reset that camera? Is the camera currently connected to Wifi?

Do you get the same result if you disconnect the camera from power and try the mac again?

Try factory resetting first. Hold the button down for 75+seconds until the lights are alternating red and green.

I have unplugged it, reset it, factory reset it and still all it ever gets to is blinking green. It is 6 feet away from the AP. I am so tired of fighting to get this system to do what it is designed to do!

Alright, I see. The MAC that you provided looks like it has a typo, if you are using the same camera as before. Double check that last digit in the MAC.

You gave us a MAC ending in 6. The MAC on your VDB770 you deleted from your account is otherwise identical but ended in C.

Sorry, I did that by mistake with what I sent you, but I have been using the right one here. Alarm.com says it can’t find it. I am certain it is because the camera is still blinking green rather than being solid green., I have tried everything and the steps have all been done according to the directions, but it never fully connects.