Installation failure for adcv723

Hello, I have recently moved into a new house and previous owner gifted adcv723 camera. He assured me that this camera is no longer connected to his account, I have also factory reset this camera. When I connect through the alarm.com app → add new device → adcv723 I have this issue. It says something could be wrong with wifi connection but I made sure wifi was fast and password correct. My guess is something is wrong on the previous owner company end, no idea.

If someone could help, because I cant figure it out myself, thank you.

Have you exclusively tried this through the App?

Log into the Alarm.com website and go to the video page. Can you add the device successfully from the website?

Hello thanks for replying!

Have done the same steps through website still having issues but they are different. After I connect the camera to wifi it blinks green and solid green in just seconds without even restarting. When I try to find the camera in my account all I see is the picture below.

Uploading: Screenshot_20210504-124054_Chrome.jpg…

Can you connect to the camera from your end and see what might be wrong? Thanks you for replying again hope to hear from you!

I cannot view details of a camera that hasn’t been activated on your account yet.

Other than the LED, it sounds like the camera is never successfully connecting to the network.

What model of router are you using?

Have you tried connecting via WPS mode instead?

I am using Lynksis router that has wps button. When I try setting up through the wps my camera shows solid green light at the end, but still says that no new cameras were found.
I think that you are correct when you say that camera is never fully connected even though it shows solid green light. Maybe I can call in a repair if there is one or look for new camera since this one just doesnt want to be configured. Also, I wonder if it shows green light but I cant see it as available device does it mean is is connected to someone else?

It is possible it is still assigned to an account. Have you tried using the Mac address to manually add it? What is the result?

When I looked it up by mac address I got this message. I have called my friend who gave me this camera and he double checked with his company that camera is removed. I have tried again with the mac address after restarting the camera but still get this issue. Is there a way to make sure that camera is not connected to any other account?

Aha, yes, that message is what shows up if it is indeed still assigned to an Alarm.com account.

The only way to clear it is to have that video device deleted from the original Alarm.com account it is still connected to, or have that account deleted.

That error message however does definitively mean it is still linked to an account. It’s likely that the representatives your friend spoke to for the other company are mistaken or misunderstand the request.

If your friend still has login credentials to the Alarm.com account they can try logging into the website, going to Video > Settings > Video Device Info for that camera. There is an option to delete the camera at the bottom of the page.

1 Like

can you please check out this post → Ordered new ADC-v723

Happy to! Please see the reply in the linked post.